Ivy League but a low GMAT - will I be ok?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Ivy League but a low GMAT - will I be ok?

by socko34607 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:08 am
Hello!

I studied for the GMAT all summer and took the exam a few days ago. I got a 570. 60th percentile verbal, 38th percentile quant.

I am looking into top 50 schools, particularly University of Georgia and Georgia Tech. What do you think my chances are?

Here's a bit more about me:
Penn undergrad - 3.7 gpa
3 years of work experience (communications planning and brand consulting in NYC)

Thanks so much for your help!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:35 pm
good GPA, good school. There is scant other information to go on; the quality of work experience. Whether you have decent extra curriculars and any volunteer work now, where you have developed additional leadership. Your goals, and focus for getting the MBA. If you nail all those, then sure, you have a chance. cheers, alex

ps: of course, if you can retake the GMAT, and bump it up, that would improve your chances, as well as potentially open up additional opportunities.
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Personal MBA Coach » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:05 am
socko34607 wrote:Hello!

I studied for the GMAT all summer and took the exam a few days ago. I got a 570. 60th percentile verbal, 38th percentile quant.

I am looking into top 50 schools, particularly University of Georgia and Georgia Tech. What do you think my chances are?

Here's a bit more about me:
Penn undergrad - 3.7 gpa
3 years of work experience (communications planning and brand consulting in NYC)

Thanks so much for your help!
As mentioned above, it would be good to know some more about your profile. Assuming you have all of the other boxes checked, if you raise your GMAT you will have a great chance. I wouldn't recommend applying with a 570 to GA Tech Scheller but UGA Terry you should be able to make work for you. If you raise the GMAT though you can reach even higher. Contact us if you are interested in any GMAT help or admissions consulting.

Good luck!