Italian guy: profile evaluation - INSEAD/LBS/COLUMBIA/HARVAD

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
First of all, thanks for your time. I really appreciate it! :)

Schools selected: INSEAD, LBS, COLUMBIA, IE, HARVARD
MBA pplying date: 2016

Below you'll find some infos about me:
Spoken languages: English (advanced), Spanish (Advanced),French (intermediate);German (elementary).
Studies: Bsc in Law + Master II level in international law and Business law (total: 7 years of studies)- qualified european lawyer
Gpa: A+ (106/100)
Gmat: none (score predicted: 700/720)
TOEFL: none
Working exp: 3 years (currently)
Current job: Consultant for a big4 consulting company - Project Manager
Other diplomas/awards/ect: Personal Trainer DIploma. Got an international award for my University thesis.
Member of 2 international foundations.
I taught to one of the top 5 University in Italy (seminar of 4 hours)
Tennis player: semi-professional when I was 18 yrs old.

Foreign exp: 1 year in Spain (erasmus university program); 1 year in Ireland (working); 2 months in Uganda.

References: from a Partner of my Company and from my CEO

Please be cruel, tell me what really you think about it (strengths and weaknesses) :D

Thanks again

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Eliot » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:19 am
Hello p3po,

Thank you for your request!

Let's start with your strengths. Your educational background in law is rather nontraditional; this will help you stand out in the application process. You have a superlative GPA, which will assure the adcom of your related skills. The brand strength of your consulting background should underscore your achievements; consultants are also perceived to have strong communication and team work skills, which are valuable in admissions. Your international experience and foray into tennis should serve as some distinguishing highlights of your candidacy as well.

In regards to potential weaknesses, you have a few that you should consider. Many consultants applying to b-school tend to lack direct management and heavy quantitative experience. Overall, it would be great to determine your leadership and impact in your career.

In terms of steps you could take in preparation for applying in 2016, you should consider how you could get involved in your community and demonstrate your leadership and passions outside of work. As it's best to demonstrate longstanding interests, you may reflect on how you could get involved in your community through tennis or education. Depending on the details of your work experience (a lot of finance/analysis, etc.) and performance on the GMAT, you may need to supply more proof of your quantitative skills (given your law studies, in particular). Performing well in the Math section of the GMAT will help in this regard. You may also consider ensuring that you have extensive quantitative responsibilities at work.

If you would like to discuss your candidacy further and how Clear Admit could help you pull together your applications, please contact us at [email protected].
Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.

by p3po » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:31 am
Eliot wrote:Hello p3po,

Let's start with your strengths. Your educational background in law is rather nontraditional; this will help you stand out in the application process. You have a superlative GPA, which will assure the adcom of your related skills. The brand strength of your consulting background should underscore your achievements; consultants are also perceived to have strong communication and team work skills, which are valuable in admissions. Your international experience and foray into tennis should serve as some distinguishing highlights of your candidacy as well.

In regards to potential weaknesses, you have a few that you should consider. Many consultants applying to b-school tend to lack direct management and heavy quantitative experience. Overall, it would be great to determine your leadership and impact in your career.

In terms of steps you could take in preparation for applying in 2016, you should consider how you could get involved in your community and demonstrate your leadership and passions outside of work. As it's best to demonstrate longstanding interests, you may reflect on how you could get involved in your community through tennis or education. Depending on the details of your work experience (a lot of finance/analysis, etc.) and performance on the GMAT, you may need to supply more proof of your quantitative skills (given your law studies, in particular). Performing well in the Math section of the GMAT will help in this regard. You may also consider ensuring that you have extensive quantitative responsibilities at work.

If you would like to discuss your candidacy further and how Clear Admit could help you pull together your applications, please contact us at [email protected].

Thank you very much for your advice.
Currently I am preparing my gmat exam, but after that I will consider your help in order to make stronger my candidacy.
For now, thanks a million for your time and for the precious advice!!!!

by p3po » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:41 am
Eliot wrote:Hello p3po,

Thank you very much for your advice.
Currently I am preparing my gmat exam, but after that I will consider your help in order to make stronger my candidacy.
For now, thanks a million for your time and for the precious advice!!!!

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Eliot » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:18 am
Glad to be of help! Good luck on the GMAT and we look forward to hearing from you.
Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.