INSEAD Sep 2017 Intake

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

INSEAD Sep 2017 Intake

by anyrban » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:38 pm
Hello experts,

I wish to apply for the September 2017 batch of INSEAD and potentially Aug 2017 batch of LBS. I am an Indian male,just turned 36 this month, with 13+ experience in IT-around 7 years out of it in the UK and Australia. I am currently located in Australia.

I have worked for a range of clients across geographies and business domains, predominantly in the technology implementation and technology consultancy areas. I have led diversely located teams along the way too. I have always had a keen interest in entrepreneurship and believe this is the right time to leverage my varied experience working on various technologies, with diverse teams to make a mark in this area. An international MBA I feel will help channelise my efforts in the right direction.

Hope it makes sense.

I took the GMAT last week and scored 770(99 percentile): AWA6(90 percentile)/IR8(92 percentile)/V44(98 percentile)/Q51(97 percentile)

Could you let me know what my chances are.

Many thanks in advance.

Legendary Member
Followed by:10 members

by GyanOne » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:23 pm
anyrban wrote:Hello experts,

I wish to apply for the September 2017 batch of INSEAD and potentially Aug 2017 batch of LBS. I am an Indian male,just turned 36 this month, with 13+ experience in IT-around 7 years out of it in the UK and Australia. I am currently located in Australia.

I have worked for a range of clients across geographies and business domains, predominantly in the technology implementation and technology consultancy areas. I have led diversely located teams along the way too. I have always had a keen interest in entrepreneurship and believe this is the right time to leverage my varied experience working on various technologies, with diverse teams to make a mark in this area. An international MBA I feel will help channelise my efforts in the right direction.

Hope it makes sense.

I took the GMAT last week and scored 770(99 percentile): AWA6(90 percentile)/IR8(92 percentile)/V44(98 percentile)/Q51(97 percentile)

Could you let me know what my chances are.

Many thanks in advance.
Hi anyrban

Your GMAT score is outstanding, and your work experience in the UK and Australia definitely makes you stand out. At 13+ years, you are at the higher end of the experience as well as age spectrum. While everything else in your profile aligns, you might like to pay more attention to what you want your post-MBA goals to be, why you want an MBA at this stage of your career, and how INSEAD/LBS will fit into this mix. If you are looking at the MBA simply as a door to entrepreneurship, you will need more (by way of explanation). If you can figure that part out, you should have a decent chance.

You might also like to go through this post and this post

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by mcbMcK » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:47 pm
A few thoughts for you to ponder on Anyrban:
  1. It will be good to understand the brands you have been associated with. Tech consulting is a pretty broad term. If its more as a Business Analyst sort of role, it will be better compared to a pure technology related work. That will dictate the profile's richness more than just the location here.
  2. For an experienced professional such as yourself, the task is really cut out to ensure adcoms understand your rationale. The blog here should help you some.
  3. For reasons mentioned here, we do not really provide gut-based school suggestions. That said, you should also explore IMD in addition to the two. Finally, programs such as LBS Fellows/Sloan Fellows could be far better suited - so if you've not explore those, do that now.
  4. The GMAT score would of course grab instant attention. It is also important to however look at the academic arc in its entirety too.
Hope this helps some.

Cheers,
MG (Manish Gupta)|The MBA Crystal Ball Team

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:760

by Indradeep1click » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:45 am
Hi Anyrban,
In addition to the above points, I think it is also critical to bring in some other aspects of your profile, i.e. how will the MBA help you in your dreams of being an entrepreneur? Particularly important is because owning your own business often requires you to break the very boundaries of thinking and rigour that an MBA teaches you.
What about outside work engagements? In the community? Have you pushed yourself outside the boundaries of education, work and success in these respective fields, again as these are going to be your primary character drivers behind your own business.
I always view the admissions process as what your profile is and what you can do with it. The first part is quite secure, for you. Work on the second part - if you slack there, all the good work might not come to fruition.
Hope this helps,
Indradeep
Director, OneClickPrep
https://www.oneclickprep.com
+61424853384 (WhatsApp or call)
Study in Australia - https://www.oneclickprep.com/study-and-w ... australia/
Watch our videos and blogs in https://www.oneclickprep.com/admissions-prep/
Using post MBA corporate and consulting experience to bring real world value to MBA Admissions