Indian Female- Manufacturing

Post Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:10 am
Hi Tom ,

If you could Pl help me in evaluating my profile for MIT Sloan MBA Program

Below is a brief of the same .

Female candidate,25 yrs
10th-91%
12th-85%
B Tech in Electrical Engineering from National Institute of Technology , Kurukshetra GPA-4

GMAT-680(M-49 V-34)

W.E- will complete 4 years in July 2016

WORK EXPERIENCE:I was selected as one of the 12 students from different NITs across the country to the Pepsico Graduate Engineering Trainee Program . In the duration of a year of training in the manufacturing side of the business I was the first person responsible for the glass bottling line in one of the facturies . Managing and exceeding the expectations in this role I moved on to another factory in Pepsico itself where I was responsible for the leading the Juice Glass Bottling line. In both of these roles I lead a team of around 20 line operators , and we achieved a Net Efficiency Gain in the lines by approx 5 %.(Duration 1 year)

Post this I moved in the Project management side of techops . Here I was involved in the designing and procurement of the the line and utility machinery for a green field factory . (Duration 1 year)

In my current role I am leading the Productivity and Performance Projects for all the 10 manufacturing plants . Herein , I am the first person person responsible for exceuting , tracking , monitoring & controlling the 15 field projects in various factories . These projects include focused Efficiency improvement of some of the beverage lines , Manpower reduction on some staions on the line etc.

Part Time Profession : I am an Indian Classical singer and have been trained for 6 years and hold a Sangeet Visharad . Currently I have my own Sufi Band and we do gigs in clubs in and around Delhi .

Reasons to do an MBA-Want to expand my area of expertise and gain holistic knowledge of how organizations work.Want to specialize in Operations . Post-MBA, looking for a Strategic kind of role in the Ops/Supply Chain side of a business

I'm not sure as to which schools would be a good fit for me.I want to work in Asia,and hence,looking at INSEAD Singapore , NUS Singapore ,

P.S : I had applied to ISB Last year . Got a ding after the interview . They said My GMAT was on the lower side in my feedback post the results ( Had applied last year with 670 , retook but could only manage a 680

Need free GMAT or MBA advice from an expert? Register for Beat The GMAT now and post your question in these forums!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Michael@VeritasPrep Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Posted:
381 messages
Followed by:
6 members
Post Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:38 pm
You have a great background and will have some awesome opportunities. GMAT is definitely on the lower side at 680. Have you considered some MIT's LGO program or the Tauber Institute at Michigan Ross, assuming you are interested in operations going forward. Doing the program in the US will give you way more options than doing the program in Asia.

Enroll in a Veritas Prep GMAT class completely for FREE. Wondering if a GMAT course is right for you? Attend the first class session of an actual GMAT course, either in-person or live online, and see for yourself why so many students choose to work with Veritas Prep. Find a class now!

Best Conversation Starters

1 Vincen 152 topics
2 lheiannie07 61 topics
3 Roland2rule 49 topics
4 LUANDATO 44 topics
5 ardz24 40 topics
See More Top Beat The GMAT Members...

Most Active Experts

1 image description Brent@GMATPrepNow

GMAT Prep Now Teacher

140 posts
2 image description Rich.C@EMPOWERgma...

EMPOWERgmat

110 posts
3 image description EconomistGMATTutor

The Economist GMAT Tutor

109 posts
4 image description GMATGuruNY

The Princeton Review Teacher

107 posts
5 image description DavidG@VeritasPrep

Veritas Prep

72 posts
See More Top Beat The GMAT Experts