improving GMAT score from 590 to 720 in 1 month

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I gave my GMAT today and scored 590 today. I scored 47 in GMAT QUANT and 25 in GMAT verbal. My problem is GMAT verbal .
I want to know how to improve my GMAT verbal score from 25 to 40 in 1 month.
I am thinking of re giving GMAT in 1 month .

Suggestion of delaying my GMAT by 1 month is not in my agenda.
I just want to know how to make my GMAT verbal score from 25 to 40 in 1 month

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:01 am
Hi puneetiet,

While everyone wants to improve as quickly as possible, the process to improve sometimes takes longer than you might want it to take. You'd probably get a wider variety of pointed advice if you posted this question in another Forum (instead of in the Test Maker Forum).

Here are some things to consider:
1) What resources did you use to study?
2) What additional resources would you be willing to use/purchase?
3) What's your budget?
4) How much free time do you have to study?

The answers to these questions (and a few others) will dictate what's possible in one month. You are talking about a score improvement that most people would find difficult to achieve in such a short period of time, so you might have to ask yourself what's MORE important: taking the GMAT again in a month OR scoring a Verbal Scale 40.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by sukhman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:29 am
I suggest you could look at website e-gmat specially for non-natives or Crackverbal if you are comfortable with Live Online classes ,Crackverbak also has good Quant for score less than 45.
Last edited by sukhman on Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:48 am
Hello, Puneetiet! I am sorry you are not achieving your optimal score! You should know that there is no one study strategy that works for everybody, or that can guarantee you a specific score. However, it sounds as if you have pinpointed your weakness (Verbal), which is very helpful in crafting a study strategy.

If you have not already done so, I suggest you take a look at the Official Guide for Verbal Review: https://www.mba.com/verbalreview2?CID=13 ... ID=80.0027. It contains 300 GMAT Verbal practice questions, all from retired GMAT exams.

You may also want to post your question to one of the main forum threads. This thread is to ask questions to GMAC, the makers of the GMAT exam. We cannot advise you on a specific study strategy, but many students and tutors on the main forums may be able to help.

Good luck!

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:48 am
Hello, Puneetiet! I am sorry you are not achieving your optimal score! You should know that there is no one study strategy that works for everybody, or that can guarantee you a specific score. However, it sounds as if you have pinpointed your weakness (Verbal), which is very helpful in crafting a study strategy.

If you have not already done so, I suggest you take a look at the Official Guide for Verbal Review: https://www.mba.com/verbalreview2?CID=13 ... ID=80.0027. It contains 300 GMAT Verbal practice questions, all from retired GMAT exams.

You may also want to post your question to one of the main forum threads. This thread is to ask questions to GMAC, the makers of the GMAT exam. We cannot advise you on a specific study strategy, but many students and tutors on the main forums may be able to help.

Good luck!

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!