How to convert 'no of correct answers' to real GMAT Score?

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Guys,

I started my GMAT preps recently and I took the Diagonistic test in the OG 11. And I have the number of correct scores in every section seperately (Problem Solving, Data Sufficiency, Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, Sentense Correction).

But, I am curious to know, what ranking would I have got, with this result.

There is an appendix section in the OG 11, giving details of how a ranking is calculated. But I have not been able to comprehend, how do I convert my result in to a GMAT ranking.

IS there anyway to know, the GMAT score?

thanks and regards,
Nikhil

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

no

by aim-wsc » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:12 pm
sorry buddy,

u cant.

earlier in paper based test it used to be the table for no. correct answers to the scaled score.

but thats not the case now. it s CAT!

This reminded me the thread i had started 'all u want to know about GMAT'

i think i hv mentioned it there already. & if i hv not then ll add more 2000- 3000 words to that thread.

thank you.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by SummerSquall » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:18 pm
Yeah, it doesn't work that way because the real test is adaptive, meaning the difficulty of each question is based on whether you got the previous one right, and how hard that previous one was. Your score is affected especially by how many questions you got right or wrong at the beginning of the test.

The OG is a must for practice, but if you want to predict your score, use the GMATPrep tests and Princeton Review tests. Do the GMATPrep ones before going too much further in the OG, because some of the questions will overlap.