Hope for anxious first-year MBAs?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Hope for anxious first-year MBAs?

by lisadiaz13 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:39 pm
A note to other first-year MBA students anxious about starting their programs this fall:

Found an interesting program designed to help first-year MBA students hit the ground running and get the most out of their two years in business school—MBA LaunchPad (www.mbalaunchpad.com). Unlike many pre-MBA programs I've researched and those offered by many schools (mine included), it looks like this one will not just hone relevant skill sets but will address general success strategies offered by b-school professors, leaders in the business community and recent grads. Sounds like a neat learning/networking experience (besides the humidity in NYC)—will check back in with a review after the event and let you know if it's worth it.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_Tatiana » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:38 am
My school (Babson) assigned us all prework the summer before our program started (Sept start.) This really helped me get back into the student mindset, as well as refresh myself on economics, statistics, and other relevant topics. I'm not sure if all schools offer prework, but I think it is a nice bonus to find a program that does.

Best wishes,

Tatiana
Tatiana Becker | GMAT Instructor | Veritas Prep