Help with shortlisting B Schools

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Help with shortlisting B Schools

by gagandeep0691 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:34 am
Hi

My name is Gagandeep. I just gave my GMAT, and I am looking for some guidance on how to go about shortlisting the right schools for myself. Following are the details about my score and background:

GMAT - 720 (Quant: 50, Verbal: 38, IR: 7, AWA: waiting for official score report)
Nationality: Indian
Work experience: 4.5 Years
Designation: Manager
Current Organisation: Flipkart (e-commerce)
Qualification: BE (Hons) Civil Engg.- BITS Pilani

I have been have worked for a construction company previously, for almost 2 years. I was into project management back then, and also got involved into operations and procurement. Post that, I moved to Flipkart ( a leading e-commerce company in India), where I have worked in multiple teams in the last 2.5 years. I have had exposure to multiple angles of the business (have worked with vendors/suppliers, sellers, banks) over this period, and am currently into Strategy and Operations for Payments and Consumer Finance business (we strive to drive affordability for customers by closely working with banks).

I am willing to explore the following career opportunities post MBA - Consulting, Operations, Product Management

I need help with shortlisting relevant B schools, which are in line with my career goals, and which can be cracked with my GMAT score and my background. Any help will be appreciated.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:01 am
Hey Gagandeep,

Based on the information provided by you, below mentioned is the list of b-schools you must consider while applying.

Emory University Goizueta School of Business
CMU Tepper School of Business
Duke University Fuqua School of Business
University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management
University of Virginia Darden School of Business
Indian School of Business
UNC Kenan Flagler Business School
Yale University - Yale School of Management
University of Chicago Booth School of Business

Hope this helps you.

If you want to have a detailed free profile evaluation by the top B-schools Alumni please feel free to reach us out at +91 9980044412

You can also evaluate your profile by using our ingenious tool called B-School Selector. B-School selector is an intelligent B-Schools shortlisting tool designed by team of expert consultants graduated from Ivy League B-Schools. This tool provides the list of B-Schools where you have fair chances of getting an admission based on certain parameters like, GMAT Score, Work Experience, International Work Experience and Academic Scores. Please click on the below mentioned link to use the tool.
https://www.genedmba.com/b-school-selec ... Ra9sPptBnq
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by 99Colleges: MBA Admission » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:57 am
Hi Gagandeep,
Consulting is the most common recruiting industry at B-schools, and top 20-25 schools can get you there. If you mean PM role in tech industry, then again most top schools, those on the West Coast (Haas, UCLA, UW etc.) and schools such as Tepper or specialized programs such Cornell's could be considered. Few go into operations. While reputed programs will get you there, you'll have to consider schools case by case. Another thing to consider is feasibility in getting sponsored for visa. It would be relatively easier in case of PM and consulting roles.

Having said that, you need to have one clear goal.
Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant
--------------------------------------
Consulting| Contact at [email protected] for your queries on MBA Admissions
--------------------------------------
And if you couldn't make it earlier, get a free ding analysis