HELP!!

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

HELP!!

by j_shreyans » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:20 am
Guys ,

I have gone through the Manhattan CR and i am still finding the problem while solving the questions mainly in Assumptions , Evaluating kind of questions. I just need your help what should i do to improve these things , i am really worried. Please suggest something that will help me.

Thanks in advance.

Shreyans

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:34 pm
Hi j_shreyans,

You've asked a rather "open-ended" question without providing much information about how YOU do your work.

What do you do when answering a typical CR question? What are your "steps?" What notes do you take? Etc. I can't really offer advice until you've defined what what you're doing (or not doing).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by j_shreyans » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:42 pm
Hi Rich ,

As i have mentioned that i have gone through the Manhattan book , question like evaluation kind of question i just simply follow the TWO PATH WAYS one that less likely to valid the conclusion and one that more likely to valid the conclusion. But still i am finding difficulties in finding the answer.

Your suggestions will be appreciated and also pls advise what else should i do in Assumptions and Evaluations kind of questions.

Thanks in advance.

Shreyans

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:18 am
j_sheryans -

Here are two postings that I have written that will help you with these subjects:

Most useful to know in order to EVALUATE:

https://www.beatthegmat.com/evaluate-wha ... 72335.html

Assumption questions:

https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2012/06/ ... -an-expert
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:02 pm
Hi j_shreyans,

In your last post, you told me about one step in the Manhattan book, but you didn't tell me how YOU tackle CR questions. It's tough to help you improve when I don't know where you might be making a mistake.

In a CR question:
1) What do you do first?
2) What do you do second?
3) Do you take notes? When do you take notes (after each sentence? at the end of the paragraph?)
4) What do you do before you look at the answer? (or do you just go straight to the answers?)
Etc.

Like most questions on the GMAT, CR prompts can be approached in a number of ways, so there isn't "one method" that you have to use. If you've tried a particular approach that doesn't seem to help you, then you either need to practice the approach more OR you need to find a different approach to use.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]