Help

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Help

by daredreamdo » Fri May 30, 2014 7:31 am
Hi,
I have a question about choosing a school. I am a PhD in biomedical sciences and I have admits from two schools - University of Illinois (UIUC) MBA program with some funding and from University of Memphis - Company Sponsored MBA program. At UIUC i am looking at an investment of about 70K and it is a better ranked school. Whereas at UofM - MBA program it is all paid by sponsoring company (tuition, books, laptop included) and also pays a stipend of about 1500 USD per month for full 21 months and a guaranteed job after MBA with commitment of 2 years. It sounds great. I am worried about the reputation of the school and also starting salary. It seems average at UIUC is better by atleast 15000 USD per year compared to U of Memphis and also that overall experience as well as exposure would be much better at UIUC. Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:13 pm
You will get the education you seek from any accredited MBA program, but I am confused about why you would be worried about jobs and pay afterwards since your employer is sponsoring you and will likely make you stay there and work for some pre-determined time afterwards, yes? b-school is really good for that first job after graduation and beyond that, it's more about your resume etc. So if you continue working for your employer after you graduate you will essentially be skipping the "advantage" of MBA recruiting. In short, either program will likely get you where you need to go considering they would both become something in your past very quickly and you won't be interviewing when you graduate.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options