• Target Test Prep
    5-Day Free Trial
    5-day free, full-access trial TTP Quant

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Target Test Prep
  • e-gmat Exclusive Offer
    Get 300+ Practice Questions
    25 Video lessons and 6 Webinars for FREE

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    e-gmat Exclusive Offer
  • Kaplan Test Prep
    Free Practice Test & Review
    How would you score if you took the GMAT

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Kaplan Test Prep
  • Magoosh
    Magoosh
    Study with Magoosh GMAT prep

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Magoosh
  • Veritas Prep
    Free Veritas GMAT Class
    Experience Lesson 1 Live Free

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Veritas Prep
  • EMPOWERgmat Slider
    1 Hour Free
    BEAT THE GMAT EXCLUSIVE

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    EMPOWERgmat Slider
  • Economist Test Prep
    Free Trial & Practice Exam
    BEAT THE GMAT EXCLUSIVE

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Economist Test Prep
  • PrepScholar GMAT
    5 Day FREE Trial
    Study Smarter, Not Harder

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    PrepScholar GMAT
  • Varsity Tutors
    Award-winning private GMAT tutoring
    Register now and save up to $200

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Varsity Tutors

Help 60-day gmat guide no progress

This topic has 2 expert replies and 2 member replies
vikram9634 Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Joined
28 Oct 2015
Posted:
2 messages

Help 60-day gmat guide no progress

Post Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:29 am
hello guys,

i scored 390 on gmatprep#1 Attempt#1 on day-3.
On day 22nd, i scored 380 on gmatpreptest#1 attempt#2
I really need some advice...What should i do? really depressed here:(...
should i continue with the 60 day guide ? or should i start again from day 1?

Need free GMAT or MBA advice from an expert? Register for Beat The GMAT now and post your question in these forums!

Top Member

Post Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:00 am
Hi Vikram.

While I am not all that familiar with the 60 Day Guide, it seems from your results that what's prescribed in the guide, or at least the way you have been applying what is prescribed, is not really what you need for increasing your score.

So doing the same thing over the same way is not likely to produce a new result.

You need to somehow adjust what you are doing. Either you need to see the test differently. Or you need to see preparing differently. You may need to work on practice questions more slowly, or to focus on something different from what you have been focusing on.

If you provide more information on how exactly you have been preparing, maybe people will be able to give you some more insight into what you could do to see your score increase.

Once you figure out what you need to do, your score will increase. That you can be certain of.

_________________
Marty Murray
GMAT Coach
m.w.murray@hotmail.com
http://infinitemindprep.com/
In Person in the New York Area and Online Worldwide

Post Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:12 am
vikram9634 wrote:
hello guys,

i scored 390 on gmatprep#1 Attempt#1 on day-3.
On day 22nd, i scored 380 on gmatpreptest#1 attempt#2
I really need some advice...What should i do? really depressed here:(...
should i continue with the 60 day guide ? or should i start again from day 1?
A few questions:
1) What were your score breakdowns (quant and verbal) for the 2 tests?
2) Did you complete all of the learning activities for each day?
3) How was your timing for each test? Did you have enough time to complete each section?

It's important to note that the GMAT is a test of your math and verbal skills, AND it's a test of your test-taking skills. So, even if you've learned much of the math content, your test results can be undermined by bad time management.

Finally, at the moment, your primary goal is to learn the content. Later on, you can devote more energy to answering questions faster (content first, speed second).

Cheers,
Brent

_________________
Brent Hanneson – Founder of GMATPrepNow.com
Use our video course along with Beat The GMAT's free 60-Day Study Guide

Check out the online reviews of our course
Come see all of our free resources

GMAT Prep Now's comprehensive video course can be used in conjunction with Beat The GMAT’s FREE 60-Day Study Guide and reach your target score in 2 months!
Manonamission Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts Default Avatar
Joined
01 Aug 2016
Posted:
19 messages
Followed by:
1 members
Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:26 am
Brent@GMATPrepNow wrote:
vikram9634 wrote:
hello guys,

i scored 390 on gmatprep#1 Attempt#1 on day-3.
On day 22nd, i scored 380 on gmatpreptest#1 attempt#2
I really need some advice...What should i do? really depressed here:(...
should i continue with the 60 day guide ? or should i start again from day 1?
A few questions:
1) What were your score breakdowns (quant and verbal) for the 2 tests?
2) Did you complete all of the learning activities for each day?
3) How was your timing for each test? Did you have enough time to complete each section?

It's important to note that the GMAT is a test of your math and verbal skills, AND it's a test of your test-taking skills. So, even if you've learned much of the math content, your test results can be undermined by bad time management.

Finally, at the moment, your primary goal is to learn the content. Later on, you can devote more energy to answering questions faster (content first, speed second).

Cheers,
Brent
Hello Brent,

What if I try to have a relaxed approach towards this 60 day guide?
Any issue if I solve per days Qs in two days i.e. making this 60 day guide into 90 days.
The idea behind is to get some breather while practicing.
Inputs please!!

Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:32 pm
Manonamission wrote:
Hello Brent,

What if I try to have a relaxed approach towards this 60 day guide?
Any issue if I solve per days Qs in two days i.e. making this 60 day guide into 90 days.
The idea behind is to get some breather while practicing.
Inputs please!!
That's a great idea. In fact, you can take as long as you wish.
The two main purposes of the 60-day guide are:
1) to ensure that you cover everything that's tested on the GMAT
2) provide a framework for completing your prep in 60 days.

If you have more than 2 months to prepare, then you can still follow the guide.

Cheers,
Brent

_________________
Brent Hanneson – Founder of GMATPrepNow.com
Use our video course along with Beat The GMAT's free 60-Day Study Guide

Check out the online reviews of our course
Come see all of our free resources

GMAT Prep Now's comprehensive video course can be used in conjunction with Beat The GMAT’s FREE 60-Day Study Guide and reach your target score in 2 months!

Best Conversation Starters

1 LUANDATO 157 topics
2 lheiannie07 87 topics
3 Roland2rule 75 topics
4 ardz24 64 topics
5 AAPL 58 topics
See More Top Beat The GMAT Members...

Most Active Experts

1 image description EconomistGMATTutor

The Economist GMAT Tutor

163 posts
2 image description GMATGuruNY

The Princeton Review Teacher

133 posts
3 image description Jay@ManhattanReview

Manhattan Review

128 posts
4 image description Rich.C@EMPOWERgma...

EMPOWERgmat

121 posts
5 image description Brent@GMATPrepNow

GMAT Prep Now Teacher

100 posts
See More Top Beat The GMAT Experts