HEC Paris/Barcelona Graduate School of Economics/MIT/LSE

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I just took the GMAT and scored a disastrous 670 (Q50, V29).
I was hoping to apply to HEC Paris/Barcelona Graduate School of Economics/MIT/LSE for their Masters in Finance courses.
I will be applying for their course starting in 2015 (September) - if I apply at all
With my GMAT score, I don't think I have a chance of getting into the school.

My profile is as follows:

B.Tech at Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi (GPA: 7.57/10)
I am a futures (commodity) trader (started working in July 2014)
Internships: Marketing Intern at EY (Ernst & Young) & research project under a professor at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
Extra curricular: Joint Secretary of the Music Club at my college & a host of different things

Please let me if I stand a chance or not.

I know I could score more on the GMAT but I don't want to retake the GMAT in the coming 2-3 months.

Thanks

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:26 am
Hi shitij

I wouldn't say its a disastrous score so don't be disheartened. Since you do not want to retake it the next step on your admissions agenda should be presenting your application in the best possible manner.

You have to make sure your application reflects your analytical thought process to be able to come across a good fit for the finance programs. Your experience no matter how limited in the trading business will give you an edge as long as you can project it in the right light.

MIT /LSE / HEC no doubt are competitive schools but you cannot lose hope even before you have applied to them and given it your best shot.

Good Luck!

Thanks

Manya Abroad Team

Good luck!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by shitijmalhotra » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:59 am
Thanks!

Shitij