HBS Class of 2017 Stats Revealed: How Do You Match Up?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
Harvard Business School released information about the class of 2017 showing that it got a little bit harder to get into HBS. While 12% of applicants were accepted who applied for the class of 2016, only 11% got in this time around. Of those who got in, 91% decided to enroll this year, up from 89% for the previous three years. That means that less than 100 applicants got into HBS who turned it down. 265 different universities are represented, including 130 from the US, showing that once again applicants from a wide range of schools were able to demonstrate their leadership experience and potential.

If you work in venture capital / private equity or consulting, you would find many others like you walking through Aldrich Hall. 1/3 of the incoming class comes from one of those industries. The average age remained consistent at 27 and the median GMAT was 730.

If you would like individual and personal support developing your story for the HBS application this year so you can become a statistic yourself, please find information about Personal MBA Coach's comprehensive packages https://bit.ly/1fsDFGK or contact me to learn how I can help! [email protected] - I have been helping candidates get into HBS and other top programs around the world since 2008.