Haha - Notice Of Testing Irregularities From Pearson Vue

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:140 members
GMAT Score:800
At first I was a little worried, or maybe outraged, or in something along the lines of fight or flight mode, when I saw that I had received a Notice Of GMAT Testing Irregularities from Pearson Vue Security Team. Then I realized what was going on and my blood pressure came back down.

I guess everyone who scores 800 on the GMAT gets a notice something like this. Still it's kinda funny.

Meanwhile I still haven't gotten my official scores two weeks after I took the test. Maybe they are still checking to see whether I cheated.

Hope they liked watching the videos of me rockin' their cute lil' test.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Notice of GMAT® Testing Irregularities

Date: March 16, 2015

GMAT® ID: 100002624515

To: Martin Murray
75 Havemeyer Place
Greenwich, CT 06830

Dear Martin Murray:

In our analysis of your GMAT® testing experiences, we have noted your high test scores. Based on your performance on the GMAT®, we do not see a reason for you to retake the test.

Therefore, you will not be permitted to schedule a future GMAT® test for five (5) years from the date of your last exam registration, March 3, 2015.

If you have questions or concerns, please contact GMAT® Test Security at [email protected].

Sincerely,

GMAT® Test Security

GMAT® Test Security
Pearson VUE
5601 Green Valley Dr
Bloomington, MN 55437 United States
Fax: +1 (952) 487-3049
E-mail: [email protected]

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by AdamMac » Sun May 10, 2015 10:50 am
Hey Marty,

I'm actually curious...what ended up happening??

Legendary Member
Followed by:140 members
GMAT Score:800

by MartyMurray » Sun May 10, 2015 1:22 pm
Nothing really.

That's just their bizarre way of saying that they don't see any reason for you to take the test again after you score 800.

I actually got my official scores later that same day in the late evening. So I guess they sent the Notice Of Testing Irregularities as a preliminary part of the process of delivering the official scores.

Two weeks still seems like a long time and I am guessing that before they released the scores they did do some extra due diligence.
Marty Murray
Perfect Scoring Tutor With Over a Decade of Experience
MartyMurrayCoaching.com
Contact me at [email protected] for a free consultation.