by AnuragRatna » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:59 pm
Option E
What is OA?
Miles to go before i sleep!!!

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1906 members
GMAT Score:790

by GMATGuruNY » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:19 am
Conclusion: Unemployed people will have no financial incentive to accept jobs that would entitle them to the supplement.
To weaken the conclusion, the correct answer will show that unemployed people WILL have a financial incentive to accept jobs that would entitle them to the supplement.

C: At any given time, people who are currently employed have the best chance of being offered a job that will give them an income significantly greater than government assistance would give them.
This answer choice gives people a clear financial incentive to accept jobs that will entitle them to the supplement:
Once these people are EMPLOYED, they have the best chance of being offered a job that will pay SIGNIFICANTLY MORE MONEY than can be obtained through government assistance.

The correct answer is C.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by vivekvijayan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:16 am
Hi could you tell me what's wrong with D. It says that the govt. assistance is less than the average starting salary. Is that not an incentive to earn more?

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:730

by Kamal2014 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:43 pm
abhasjha wrote:Image
OA should be C as it speaks about the financial gain obtained from working rather than staying unemployed.