GPA conversion

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:21 V

GPA conversion

by bhakk » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:04 am
Hi,

I am from India and passed my graduation with 69.6% from Uttar Pradesh technical University, Lucknow.
In my first attempt while filing the GMAT form, I used the percentage to GPA conversion table given on www.mba.com and convert the 69% = 1.9 GPA.

I have my second attempt in Aug end and while surfing on internet I came to know that GPA conversion process is different and is done by your university/college.

Now, i have 2 questions :
Will I be able to change my GPA during my admission process?
and
Should I go with the same GPA (as calculated using mba.com)or should I go to my college/university for GPA conversion?
Thanks.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:28 members

by Heidi Granner » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:13 am
Hi bhakk,

Thanks for your post.

The schools will consider the GPA that you list on your online application through each school's system (not what you submitted during your GMAT test).

Since your GPA is calculated differently than that of the schools in the country to which you are applying, you may need to have your GPA converted. I suggest you review the application forms for each of the schools you are considering early in your application process so you understand the specific requirements. Some schools prefer you don't translate your GPA while others specify the calculation you should use to do so. If you need a third party to convert your GPA and the school does not specify what companies they accept conversions from, try: https://wes.org.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Heidi

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by punch_a_tantra » Fri May 30, 2014 9:32 am
bhakk wrote:Hi,

I am from India and passed my graduation with 69.6% from Uttar Pradesh technical University, Lucknow.
In my first attempt while filing the GMAT form, I used the percentage to GPA conversion table given on www.mba.com and convert the 69% = 1.9 GPA.

I have my second attempt in Aug end and while surfing on internet I came to know that GPA conversion process is different and is done by your university/college.

Now, i have 2 questions :
Will I be able to change my GPA during my admission process?
and
Should I go with the same GPA (as calculated using mba.com)or should I go to my college/university for GPA conversion?
Thanks.
Hello,

I'm facing the same issue. My grade is 71%, which translates to 2.1 as per the format given in GMAT form.
Can you please let me know how you converted your percentage to GPA?
Would be great help. Thanks,