Googler helping with your application

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Googler helping with your application

by larellano » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:20 am
Hello community,

Years ago, I was sitting inside a Barnes and Noble in the state of North Dakota, of all places. I was in the thick of studying for the GMAT and was starting to feel burned out, so I decided to take a walk around the store to clear my head. A book caught my attention: "Are You Smart Enough to Work at Google." I picked it up, and started day dreaming about making it to Google after my MBA...yeah right!

Well, after plenty of trials and tribulations (you know: GMAT, essays, interviews, school work, internships, job search, and traveling the world), I made that dream come true. Sometimes I felt like I was running around with the speed and energy of a firefly trying to light up a stadium, but I finally made it to the other side - I am now a Googler, I love my job and things couldn't be better.

Along the way, I made friends who helped me with resume feedback, essays, cover letters, and interview preps; eventually I was helping incoming students and first years. Nowadays, every once in a while I receive calls from people asking for help with interview prep and so on. I get a kick every time I connect with someone new and help this person achieve his/her academic and career ambitions.

Lately I've been toying with the idea of taking this prep a step further and offer consulting services. I'm not looking to make a living like the big admission consultants out there asking you to drop a couple thousand dollars. I'm thinking of something small.

Now I need your opinion. I would like like to know if there is any interest from the community for a service like this. Feel free to send me a PM if you would like to chat.

Best of luck in your endeavors!
-Luis

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:33 pm
very interesting, good luck, and pay it forward. Will send you a PM on a related issue. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/