Good resource for assessing +/- of MBA programs?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi there,

I am in the process of trying to select MBA programs to apply to. I figure I want to send applications to five different schools, which means that I obviously want to make sure that I'm applying to the five schools that are right for me. However, I'm having a tough time getting good, relevant information about different MBA programs and about which one makes the most sense for me. Ultimately I know that I want to speak with people at the universities in question, but right now what I'm really looking for is something that I can read.

Some characteristics that I know are important to me:
- Top-25 program
- MBAs in Finance and/or Strategy (I'm still undecided on this one, so for now I'm looking at both)
- Job placement info. My family is based in the Southeast and so I'll definitely give greater weight to schools with a track record of placement in my region.
- Teaching style

Are there any good websites/books that I should check out while trying to figure these things out?

Thank you!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:08 am
There are no books to guide you through the short listing. You will need to go on to the university websites and go through their curriculum,employment statistics.Ranking can be found out from US new ranking along with the acceptance rate of the universities. Hope this helps!
Best wishes,
Team Manya-The Princeton Review

E:[email protected]
T: 1800-102-4646
www.manyagroup.com

https://bit.ly/1OSgiTP

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:720

by fxMBAconsulting (Leah) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:21 am
I would starting by going down the list of top ranked programs according to US News. All schools will be able to prepare you for a job in finance or strategy - but recruiting opportunities will vary from school to school.

If you want to stay in the Southeast you should look at Darden (Charlottesville, Virginia); UNC Kenan-Flagler (Chapel Hill, North Carolina).
Leah Derus
MIT Sloan MBA 2010
Independent MBA Admissions Consultant
[email protected]
fxmbaconsulting.com

MBA Admissions Consultants & Firms - How to Hire a Great One

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:27 pm
If you want to stay in the Southeast I would also look at Emory and Georgia Tech.