GMAT study plan

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT study plan

by fighter_13jan » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:28 am
Dear All ,

I am planning to start my prep for GMAT . I would like to understand the resources , which can be used for preparation. I have very poor academic record with zero participation in curricular activities and work ex of
4 years in sales profile . I am targeting B - schools only in Asia like ISB , IIM ( PGPEX course) , NUS. Pls. guide me for my GMAT prep and I would like to keep it verbal focus GMAT study plan . I am planning to take GMAT in mid JAN - 2015 and any how I want to score 750 + in GMAT as I am very well aware with my poor academic record it will be very tough to get into any decent B- school in Asia.

Thank you..

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:48 am
Hi fighter_13jan,

Before you put together a study plan, we need to define your situation a bit more. For the schools that you are considering, what are the application deadlines? That information will help you determine how much time you have to study.

Next, you should take a FULL-legnth practice CAT test, so we can get a sense of your abilities. You say that you want to focus only on Verbal, but we don't know how strong your Quant skills are yet. You can download 2 free practice CATs from www.mba.com. A full CAT takes almost 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take the entire test. You should report back here with your scores.

Most Test Takers need 3 months (or more) of consistent study to hit their goals. The GMAT is a consistent, predictable Test though, so you can train to CRUSH it.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]