gmat score reports

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

gmat score reports

by Malolo355 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:04 am
Hello.
I have a question to make concerning the date that the university I have applied will receive my scores and if that is going to affect my assessment for the program.
The deadline is 15 May and I'm planning to take the test on 6 May. If I select for my scores to be sent directly to the University the scores will be sent right away or I'm going to be wait for 20 days?
If we take the latter option does this mean that I'm out of the application process or the admissions office will know when I took the test and I will have no problem for my evaluation?
Thanks in advance

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:17 am
Hi Malolo355,

Your Official Score Report will take a certain amount of time to generate (the essay needs to be scored and your Scaled/Overall Scores need to be verified). Depending on the time of year, it will probably take 1-2 weeks.

Most Business Schools need between several weeks and two months to review each round of applications though, so as long as your GMAT is completed before the application deadline, you should be fine (some schools will even consent to let an applicant take the GMAT AFTER the application deadline, as long the rest of the application is in on time). When the School's Officers review an application, they contact Pearson to confirm that applicant's score report; procedurally, Pearson is more of a file service than a mail service.

If you'd like to know how any particular B-School goes through its process, then you should ask; B-Schools tend to be fairly open about answering questions.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]