Gmat score 510 - 39Q, 21V. Target 650 -710!!!

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Gmat score 510 - 39Q, 21V. Target 650 -710!!!

by zbn5 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:37 pm
Hey guys!

I got my exam but not very happy with results . Total score is 510. I need at least 650. I have 3-4 month for additional study.
According to results of Enhance Score Report:
Quantitate - 39 (39%)
Sub section rankings
"¢ Problem Solving questions was equivalent to a score of 39, which is better than 43%
"¢ "¨Data Sufficiency questions was equivalent to a score of 41, which is better than 47%"¨
"¢ Arithmetic questions was equivalent to a score of 39, which is better than 42%
"¢ Arithmetic "¨Algebra and Geometry questions was equivalent to a score of 41, which is better than 49%"¨
Time Management overall - 2.01"¨

Verbal - 21 (27%)
Sub section rankings
"¢ Critical Reasoning - score of 36, which is better than 74%"¨
"¢ Reading Comprehension questions was equivalent to a score of 12, which is better than 8%"¨
"¢ Sentence Correction questions was equivalent to a score of 24, which is better than 37%"¨
Time Management overall - 1.47

I should focus on Reading Comprehension and Sentence Correction, and also take advanced tasks on Quant part.
Any advice for study materials or strategy will be really helpful.

Thanks!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:49 am
Hi zbn5,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you're looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used?

Goals:
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
4) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

Raising a 510 to a 650+ in the timeframe that you've described is absolutely achievable. There are also a variety of different score 'combinations' that will get you to that level. However, you will have to make some significant adjustments to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections - which means that you'll have to learn/practice some Tactics.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:22 members

by Jeff@TargetTestPrep » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:55 am
Hi zbn5,

I am happy to provide some further advice, but first I would like to learn some more about your GMAT experience and MBA goals. I have a few questions:

1) Did you take any official MBA.com practice exams prior to your GMAT? If so, can you provide me with the dates and score breakdowns from those practice exams? When you took the practice tests, did you take them under realistic conditions (e.g. in a quiet environment, no extended breaks)?

2) Describe your study routine. For how many hours a day have you been studying and for how many total months? What resources have you been using for your prep?

3) For how many hours a day can you study for your retake?

4) To what schools do you plan to apply?

5) What deadlines are you targeting?

Once you provide me with some further information, I can give you some more tailored advice.

Jeffrey Miller
Head of GMAT Instruction
[email protected]

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews