GMAT Prep Now + 60 day Study Plan

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

GMAT Prep Now + 60 day Study Plan

by gauz » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:22 am
Hello BTG friends,

I have been on and off with my GMAT prep since past 3 years (yes i said it), i started following 60 day study plan around 1 year ago along with Manhattan supplement and slowly and steadily had completed the maths section. This ends the sad part.

I finally got that kick and went ahead and scheduled my exam for Jan 27 morning,not sure how exactly that inspiration came in me, I remember that I was so adamant about not taking a paid prep course but when GMAT Prep Now went completely free i took it as a sign and decided now is the time :)

Coming to the main part, I scored 580 in my Official Practise test 1(Quant 42, vERBAL 27) and am on Day 7 of the schedule now.

I am using following resources:
1. OG along with 2 supplements
2. Manhattan OG companion
3. GMAT Prep now course along with the 60 day study plan.
4. GMAT Prep 2 official practise test, Manhattan all 6 tests along with other free tests from other companies

I wanted to know will these resources be enough to get me to a score of 750, if not what all needs to be added to the list considering that there are only 75 days left for my test (I devote 5 hours approx daily but i have 3 weeks holiday lined up in year end so could go upto 10 hours per day on those days).

My Verbal is weak and i am a bit worried if i should try to make time for it now itself instead of waiting for the course to begin as per study plan(but its a loop, not sure how much time i would be left with daily after following the regular 60 day schedule).

I am planning to cover Manhattan SC and Powerscore CR atleast for Verbal apart from the above mentioned resources (plan is to complete Manhattan RC and CR also but not sure how realistic that will be based on the 60 day study plan).

Awaiting some expert advise and guidance :)

Regards,
Gauz

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:46 am
Hi Gauz,

The resources you have listed cover all of the concepts and strategies one needs to score 800. Of course getting to 750 will be up to you :-)

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

by gauz » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:12 am
Roger that! I am gonna shoot for the maximum then, thanks a lot :)

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:56 pm
Hi gauz,

Is there any particular reason why you don't want to pay for a GMAT Course? By extension, what's MORE important to you: scoring 750+ or not paying for a GMAT Course?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by gauz » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:39 pm
Hi Rich,

it's due to some previous experiences(nothing against GMAT courses though, it was some other exam), I had paid for some other competitive exam in past but never bothered to give the 'hard work required on home work', 750 is more important and I don't mind investing in books, I have bought few of them but I did not want to spend a big amount on paid course due to the big amount I wasted once earlier preparing for another exam(I always take this as a self imposed challenge that you need to do this without spending much) Also, there is so much of free and good material floating for GMAT that I did not see the need to, I think the main advantage of paid classes is that they get you into discipline (doing stuff regularly) but I wanted to take this as a challenge, no wonder I was not making good progress earlier but it seems to be working now, I get your point and I understand the value of GMAT course, I was finally thinking of taking one since I was not able to make a good progress since past 1 year, I was hesitant but I was considering (20% chances may be) but then I found GMAT Prep Now, it gave me a good mental boost, I booked my GMAT exam and now I am on my journey to my score. I was looking for a middle way so that I can prove to myself that I can do this without spending that amount so lets see how it turns out to be. If I am stuck, I have you guyz to help anyways, I have my ways of paying back though, will do the needful once I get my dream score!! :)

Whatever I score, I will owe that to all the BTG experts like you who help us time to time and BTG friends :)

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:06 pm
[email protected] wrote:Hi gauz,

Is there any particular reason why you don't want to pay for a GMAT Course? By extension, what's MORE important to you: scoring 750+ or not paying for a GMAT Course?

Rich
Scoring 750+ and not paying for prep materials are not mutually exclusive events.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:27 am
Brent@GMATPrepNow wrote:
[email protected] wrote:Hi gauz,

Rich
Scoring 750+ and not paying for prep materials are not mutually exclusive events.

Cheers,
Brent
That IS true, but for many Test Takers, it's not. The point is that the benefits of a high GMAT score are so profound, wide-ranging and long-term that putting an emphasis on trying to save some money in the short-term is silly.

Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]