GMAT One month plan

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:590

GMAT One month plan

by gabriel87 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:23 am
Hi All,

I would like to seek your assistance in GMAT preparation. I have taken a one month break to prepare for GMAT. I have decided to take GMAT by September end. In the mock test, I scored 590 (Q 40, V31).

As I am non native speaker, Verbal is my weakest area compared to quants. I purchased e-gmat course and working on it. I am still improving on my verbal area. I have improved on SC but RC and CR are still a big roadblock for me.

Please suggest me the best ways and strategy to make use of this one month to score 700 in real test. Apart from GMAT preparation, I don't have any other commitments for the next one month.

Materials used:

OG 13
E-gmat online course
Powerscore CR bible

Thanks in Advance.

Gabriel

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:09 am
Hi gabriel,

If you are seeking any expert help then you may get in touch with Dr.Sushma Jha on [email protected].

For her testimonial, Please visit testimonial section of www.GMATinsight.com
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:19 am
Hi gabriel87,

A 590 is a decent "starting point" (the average GMAT score tends to hover around 550). If you have not yet done so, you should do a full review of this practice CAT test.

1) On the questions that you got correct, are there patterns that you remember or tactics that you can use again?
2) On the questions that you got incorrect, how many were due to silly mistakes? How many were due to not knowing the necessary content? How many were just too hard?

1 month is not a lot of time, even if all you're doing is focusing on your GMAT prep. Most Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) on their studies. Since you already purchased a GMAT Course, it should theoretically give you some sort of study plan to work from. I suggest that you take 1 FULL-LENGTH practice CAT per week (to measure your progress), but the bulk of your time should be spent on learning concepts/tactics, practice and review.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:590

by gabriel87 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:09 pm
Hi Rich,

Thank you for your response. I thought one month full time should be decent enough to prepare for GMAT. Also I started solving OG questions. Except CR questions, I have worked out nearly 50% questions on each section.

With respect to your questions

1. I am following certain strategies to solve the question and to eliminate wrong choices. Very few are guess work because I was able to narrow down the choice to two, but got struck between the two, especially on verbal section.

2. On the incorrect answers, very few are silly mistakes (hardly 4). Some questions were tough, i took some time to understand and solved it. But still the answer was wrong :( . Also in verbal the last 2-3 questions, I simply selected the answer choice and one got right luckily. I am so bad in RC and almost 60% were wrong. In Quants I left the last question, as the time got over.