Welcome! Check out our free B-School Guides to learn how you compare with other applicants.
Login or Register

GMAT Club Challenges - 25 Math + 6 Verbal

This topic has 8 member replies
logitech GMAT Titan
Posted:
2136 messages
Followed by:
21 members
GMAT Score:
GMAT Club Challenges - 25 Math + 6 Verbal Post Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:54 am
I would like to get some feedbacks on GMAT Club tests.

Thank you.

Need free GMAT or MBA advice from an expert? Register for Beat The GMAT now and post your question in these forums!
Brett B Just gettin' started! Default Avatar
Posted:
10 messages
Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:10 am
I'm curious about these too. Anyone have any feedback? My understanding is that they are supposed to be great for people scoring 45+, looking to get in the Q 48-50+ range. Since the tests are not adaptive, I'm wondering if they will be too difficult if I'm currently scoring around Q40, looking to get to Q 45.

cramya GMAT Titan Default Avatar
Posted:
2469 messages
Followed by:
9 members
Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:31 pm
If u r looking for challenging/interesting problems yes! I think if u have the basics covered then anyone can try. Personally I dont believe in the 40-45 or 45-50 theory. A problem is common to anyone (there are takeaways for everyone from any problem(atleast most)). Extra practice can never hurt you. Just my 2 cents...

IMO they have some very good quant questions(makes u think..think... which is a good mindset to be in for taking challenges thrown by the GMAT)! They may not have the best of explanations for each problem but understandable though. Cant speak for Verbal since I have not tried them yet.

I am not saying in any way that GMATCLUB will help someone to get in 50's or high 45's in the real GMAT(depends on the individual entirely). The point I am trying to make is they have some good quant questions.

Try M07 (math practice test 7) or others and u will see it for yourself Smile

It does cost $79.99 for 25 math tests(37 questions each) and 6 verbal tests.

They also have a disclaimer that says the problems are designed to be tougher than the real GMAT. I have not taken the real GMAT and hence can't attest to this fact.

Please read other reviews also if possible before u decide to signup for gmatclub. I think they have one free quant and verbal set that u can try for free after registering.

Regards,
Cramya

aim-wsc GMAT Titan
Posted:
2470 messages
Followed by:
13 members
Target GMAT Score:
801-
Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:55 pm
reviews and related discussions go to Lounge...

skang357 Really wants to Beat The GMAT! Default Avatar
Posted:
126 messages
Post Fri May 08, 2009 10:30 am
I am not affiliated with GMATCLUB.COM in any way, except as a customer.

I just purchased their tests about two weeks ago and finished 13 Q test so far.

It is the real deal for people wanting to boost their scores from the high 30's low 40's to high 40's.

After two weeks of study I took a GMAT prep and got 45 on the Q and I only was able to finish up to 32 questions. I received 41 on the real GMAT and never got over 42 on any GMATPrep before.

90% or more of the problems on all of the Q tests are 700+ problems. The tests by themselves are all harder than the GMAT.

However they are not unrealisitically hard like the MGMAT Challenge problems which I feel are way too over the top and unrealistic for the real GMAT.

I consider the GMATCLUB tests to be a real McCoy version of the Kaplan 800 GMAT books. (I think those should really be called the Kaplan 650 GMAT instead)

canada_sms Rising GMAT Star Default Avatar
Posted:
85 messages
Followed by:
6 members
Test Date:
March 26, 2009
GMAT Score:
Post Sat May 09, 2009 7:22 pm
I bought these tests and did about 10 of them. I think they're decent but the grammar is so poor that some of the questions are just confusing.

I kind of thought that MHAT quant sections were just as tough if not tougher. Also, GMATClub tests are not CATs so that's also something to consider. In general, I think they're good for high scorers looking to go from 48 to 50.

skang357 Really wants to Beat The GMAT! Default Avatar
Posted:
126 messages
Post Sat May 09, 2009 7:31 pm
Here's my final take on the GMATClub.com tests and MGMAT challenge problems.

I have bought the MGMAT CAT Tests which are great deal for 29 or 39 dollars (forget if it's 29 or 39, as I bought the MGMAT Challenge and CAT for 29 and 39).

I am taking those starting from next week and will give the lowdown for those as well...

I did half the MGMAT Challenge questions (Over 300 total).

I stopped doing them after doing half because I thought I might run into these kinds of questions maybe once or twice at most on the real GMAT.

My final take : the MGMAT Challenge problems are for 750 scorers who want to get 800. (IE 48/49 people who want to get 50/51).

The GMATCLUB.COM tests are for 700 scorers who want to get 750.

I was frustrated because although I spent 1.5 months studying before my GMAT, none of the material was sufficient to take the Quant well over 40. I only got 41. I think the GMATCLUB.COM will help me get at least 45 or higher. Up to 49 I believe is possible.

However, I don't think the GMAT Club.com has very many 98% or 99% questions. In fact, none I believe. I do think the MGMAT Challenge questions do however.

Personally I think anyone who is getting 750 and is retaking to get 800 is wasting their time unless they are training to be a ETS GMAT test writer or work for MGAT/Veritas/PR/Kaplan/etc.

All in all, for 41 guy like me trying to get into high 40's, the GMATCLUB tests hit the spot. Exactly what I was looking for.

Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:58 pm
Hi, Skang,

I was interested in your enthusiasm about GMAT CLUB test. I'm in the low 40's. Scored a Q42 the first time I took the test. Trying to get in the mid-high 40s as well.

Have you taken the real test yet? Did the CLUB tests help you? How do they compare to the MGMAT CAT tests--are they similar, harder, easier? (Like others, I suspect that the MGMAT Quant is more difficult than the actual GMAT, and definitely harder than GMAT prep)

Thanks!

viveksharma247 Just gettin' started! Default Avatar
Posted:
3 messages
Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:04 am
Hi. can anybody tell me if these GMATclub tests once done, can be tried again?

Best Conversation Starters

1 j_shreyans 98 topics
2 aditya8062 41 topics
3 RiyaR 30 topics
4 kamalakarthi 29 topics
5 anksm22 29 topics
See More Top Beat The GMAT Members...

Most Active Experts

1 image description GMATGuruNY

The Princeton Review Teacher

174 posts
2 image description Brent@GMATPrepNow