GMAT CAT's

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

GMAT CAT's

by sgraves » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:28 am
I'm scheduled for my third and final attempt at the GMAT on September 26th. Over the past year I have used several GMAT resources.

I have taken all 7 Veritas CATS. I have one last GMAT prep exam left out of the four possible you can take (2 Free, 2 Purchase). I would like to save that CAT until the final two weeks before test day so I can get a good idea on where I am at heading into the exam. I had one year access to Manhattan when I took a class last year but now that time is up and I don't have access to those exams anymore. I had two left before my access was cut off.

What CAT's are left with other test providers that can use that are quality and be a good representation of my skill level?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:00 am
Hi sgraves,

There are actually 6 GMAC CATs (2 free ones, 2 come with EP1 and 2 come with EP2), so you might want to purchase those last 2. The Kaplan CATs are also reasonably accurate (when used properly) - and I believe that access to those CATs comes with the purchase of certain Kaplan books.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Followed by:1 members

by Jennifer@Kaplan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:07 pm
Hi sgraves,

You can gain access to 5 Kaplan CATs by purchasing our GMAT Premier books, and all of the CATs include the Analytical Writing section and Integrated Reasoning, along with full explanations for all of the questions in IR, Quant, and Verbal. Our 2017 version of the GMAT Premier also includes a 200 question online quiz bank if you would like to be able to practice with additional computer-based resources as you approach your test day. Please let me know if you have any other questions about our CATs that I can answer for you!

Best,
Jennifer Kindy

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:22 members

by Jeff@TargetTestPrep » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:46 am
GMAC now has a second exam pack that you can purchase. In addition to taking those exams, you may consider resetting and retaking the two exams from the free exam pack. Generally, when resetting those exams, you will see only a few repeated quant and verbal questions. Since you could take 5 more official practice exams, you may not have to purchase any additional tests.

If you are interested in taking a quant only test, I welcome you to take my free 37-question quant diagnostic. After completing the diagnostic, you are provided with a detailed analysis of your proficiency level on many GMAT quant topics, as well as an opportunity to discuss your diagnostic results with me or another TTP instructor/coach.

Good luck!

Jeffrey Miller
Head of GMAT Instruction
[email protected]

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:740

by Gaurav Mittal » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:46 am
Hi

Form very recent experience..My opinion is Kaplan tests are usually hard on Verbal part, a bit light on Quant. I took in total 3 Kaplan tests, 5 MGMAT tests and 2 Gmat prep. As suggested by the experts, GMAT Prep are the best ones to practice from..but I would say MGMAT is not far off as well. Some of the Quant questions are hard, but if you are looking for a top score, it is important to go through those concepts. So in my opinion, go for MGMAT if you are not going for GMAT Prep.
Gaurav

Blog: https://my-gmat-story.blogspot.in/?m=1

GMAT Prep - 1: 720
Kaplan Test - 1: 680
Kaplan Test - 2 710
Kaplan Test - 3: 720
MGMAT Test-1: 680
MGMAT Test-2: 720
MGMAT Test-3: 760
MGMAT Test-4: 720
GMAT Prep-2: 760
MGMAT Test-5: 740
GMAT: 740

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:29 am
Between your remaining GMAC test and the two more you can purchase (You have Exam Pack 1. Exam Pack 2 was released a few months ago) you probably don't need more. Spend time reviewing your old tests and making brief notes to yourself about adjustments you can make going forward. If, for whatever reason, you think you need more than 3 additional practice tests, you can always reset one of the earlier exams - though it's not ideal, as you may see duplicate questions, the hope is that you won't remember the answers to any repeats and that enough of the questions will be new to create a somewhat authentic experience.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course