GMAT and GRE Score

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

GMAT and GRE Score

by georgepaul0071987 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:07 pm
Hello,

I took both the GMAT and the GRE. While I feel my quant score was representative of my true ability, I didn't feel my verbal score was a fair reflection of my skills. So I took the GRE only to demonstrate my verbal ability. Surprisingly, I did better on the GRE verbal (which is supposed to be much harder than the GMAT verbal). I am an Indian male from the herbal products industry (yes there are people from India who are from non-IT backgrounds)

My GMAT score:

Overall - 710 (92%)
Quant - 50 (92nd Percentile)
Verbal - 35 (75th Percentile)

My GRE score:
GMAT score equivalent - 750
Quant - 167 (95th Percentile)
Verbal - 165 (95th Percentile)

Will these two scores, put together, convince all ad-coms that I am more capable of handling the academic rigour of their curriculum? I do understand that the application process is a holistic one, but purely from a standardised test score, will this score be enough for all business schools?

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Eliot » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:21 pm
Hello georgepaul0071987,

Thank you for your post!

Your overall GMAT score will be competitive at the top programs; your GRE score will also serve as a sound data point to offset your GMAT verbal score. Moreover, submitting strong, well-written essays and communicating well during your interviews will further assure the adcom of your abilities.

As you noted, yes, the process is holistic! If you would like to discuss your candidacy and other elements that would influence your chances further, please contact us at https://www.clearadmit.com/services/free-consultation/.
Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by georgepaul0071987 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:34 pm
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

For schools that allow me to report both scores, should I report only the GRE or both the GMAT and the GRE?