GMAT 730 Profile Evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT 730 Profile Evaluation

by shat90 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:11 am
Hi ,

I just came back from the GMAT exam. The provisional says that I have a 730(V41 Q49 IR6) score in the first attempt.

I am an Indian male , with around 90% marks in secondary school and a CGPA of 8.1 in Information Technology from Nirma Institute of Technology.

I have a work ex of 38 months as of now in the Financial Technology sector.
I started off at Cognizant for the first 22 months, then moved to one among the two largest i-bank's as a consultant and was hired full time 10 months later as a Manager,one of the youngest in the firm in India, all in the Information Technology space

I am looking for applying to schools in R2 for 2015. I would like to know if I stand a chance at any of the ultra elite schools and if yes what are the ones I should be applying to. Also please help me with what other schools I can be looking at.

I still have a TOEFL to give, please let me know if there is any particular score I should take care of there as well

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:09 am
It depends what you consider "ultra-elite" universities.

Am I correct that Nirma Institute of Technology is roughly on par with the National Institute of Technologies? If so, you have stellar grades from a strong, but not ultra-elite, Indian university with a good, but not great GMAT score (for Indian applicants applying to ultra-elite schools).

That puts you roughly at the top 8 - 15 U.S. schools depending on your goal.

A TOEFL score of 100 usually is the bare minimum for most top MBA schools, but schools like Booth have a 104 minimum. Coming from India, though, where English is one of the official languages you should not have a problem. If the language of instruction at Nirma Institute of Technology was English you should be able to place out of the test.

Good luck,
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:43 am
Hi,

Your GMAT and academics are quite strong, with 3+ yrs of work experience you are at the right stage of your career when most of the B-school applicants plan to apply for top MBA programs. You should ideally target B-schools based on your post MBA career goals, which sector you want to get into. You can try our B-School Selector tool to shortlist few B-schools by clicking here https://goo.gl/LVWTay

Regards,
Manish
www.genedmba.com
shat90 wrote:Hi ,

I just came back from the GMAT exam. The provisional says that I have a 730(V41 Q49 IR6) score in the first attempt.

I am an Indian male , with around 90% marks in secondary school and a CGPA of 8.1 in Information Technology from Nirma Institute of Technology.

I have a work ex of 38 months as of now in the Financial Technology sector.
I started off at Cognizant for the first 22 months, then moved to one among the two largest i-bank's as a consultant and was hired full time 10 months later as a Manager,one of the youngest in the firm in India, all in the Information Technology space

I am looking for applying to schools in R2 for 2015. I would like to know if I stand a chance at any of the ultra elite schools and if yes what are the ones I should be applying to. Also please help me with what other schools I can be looking at.

I still have a TOEFL to give, please let me know if there is any particular score I should take care of there as well

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:24 am
Your profile sets you up for a solid top 20 run but anything in the top 7 is going to be a bittttt hard for you. As Michael mentioned, sub #8 is where you need to focus. So look at 8 - 20 and diversify in that range!

Congrats on a great GMAT score!!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!