GMAT 660 V 33 Q 49 and 10 + years

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

GMAT 660 V 33 Q 49 and 10 + years

by ravi.uppal2004 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:41 am
Hi,

I am a male candidate from India and recently appeared for my GMAT and scored Q49 and V 33 with total of 660 and a 5.5 in AWA , I will have 10 + years of experience and have been in the Management Consulting Six Sigma Industry..7 years in India and 3 + year in US
My GPA at graduation was in the range of 2.5 to 3 as it was not up to the mark during the time period i also pursued Master's degree with a GPA 3.7
My Bachelor's degree was in Economics and the Master's degree was in Accounting and International Business

Please let me know what are my options and which schools should i be targeting for a accelerated MBA/Full time MBA in the US, Singapore, Australia and India -- I am keeping my options open and am flexible to move to any country to purse my education, though I have been in the US for the last 3 years and would prefer to apply to schools out here

Also do I have any scope to apply for a Financial Aid as i will be funding my education myself and come from a middle class family?

Regards,
Ravi Uppal

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:37 am
Hi Ravi,
It sounds like you are a bit senior for a standard MBA, so your best bet will be to target condensed or EMBAs. Without knowing your career goals, it would be hard for me to give you specific school recommendations, and in any case this is a public board so I am always looking for ways my answers can be most helpful to our broadest range of readers. Here, your GMAT is below the median for top-tier schools, and your 10 years + seniority makes you a better candidate for programs that are at the part-time level, so you'll want to be targeting schools that are either accessible geographically or have limited in-person courses, making them a better fit with your employed lifestyle. There are programs at many top business schools that would fit this bill, from UCLA's fully employed MBA to NYU Langone. Be systematic in your approach: identify schools that will meet your needs geographically and career-wise, then review the incoming class profiles for those programs to see where you have the strongest statistical chances. That will help you narrow down your list. I couldn't advise you about financial aid, but I'm guessing that this would be a stretch at your level of seniority.

Good luck!
Margaret Strother
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me