GMAT 660. Chances of HEC Paris,Mannheim and IE

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:710
Hi All/Consultants,

I'm applying to HEC Paris,Mannheim and IE with a score of 660. Could you please tell me if its a long a short or do I stand a realistic chance based on my profile

Education and Work Profile.
-GMAT 660(50/29),650(46,35)
-3 years in IT(Business Analyst-Forex and Treasury)
-75% in Engineering.
-Internships in TEDx for Marketing.
-Actively involved in a manufacturing start up.

Additional Information.
-Actively involved in community service with YMCA for past 10 years.
-Selected for Teach for India , but couldnt join.
-Started an initiative with friends for providing assistances to various orphanages.
-Plays guitar. Member of a rock band for 5 years, won various awards and hosted few shows.
-Individual sports champion while in school, and have represented highschool in district level for athletics.

I have no international experience. I have just started learning German. Please tell me my chances with these schools.
While filling the forms, they ask for post MBA goals. How important is this? I'm not entirely certain of it. I want a career in luxury marketing, but is it possible to shift career from consultancy in a 12/16 month MBA program.

PS: Please provide details of any bschool where my profile and score might fit, in addiion to these schools.

Thanks a lot.
Thomas

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:47 am
Hello tharuntomas

A 660 would have been a bit risky but i can see that your quant score is pretty good and your GPA looks good as well. So I would say that you do stand a chance although your chances are not very high. All the three schools will be a bit of a reach for you. Coming from a non traditional background and diverse work experience add more value to your profile. Tell me more about your leadership experience and other work related achievements. You have been involved in entrepreneurial ventures. How have these ventures fared?

The way you articulate these in your essays highlighting your leadership qualities and giving enough evidence for success in a competitive MBA program, will decide your candidature. Post MBA goals are equally important. Some schools have special essays where you are supposed to discuss your goals entirely. Changing careers is one of the main reasons why people go for an MBA. So it is certainly possible for you to enter marketing. Past experience in marketing will bolster your reasons for pursuing marketing.

You can take a look at these schools - Rotterdam - Erasmus, ESSEC, Imperial College London. they may be safe choices for you. Let me know if you are interested in schools outside of Europe as well.

All the best

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Check out our free e-book on how to get into the world's best business schools https://www.interviewbay.com/mba/how-to- ... -ebook.php

www.InterviewBay.com

Application Reviews & Mock Interviews by Alumni of Your target B-Schools

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:18 pm
Hello tharuntomas,

Career goals are a very important aspect of an MBA application so you might want to spend considerable time on figuring that out.Twelve to sixteen months might not be the prefect launchpads for shifting your career/industry. HEC would be selective with your current credentials but you can definitely give IE and Mannheim a shot.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further queries and we would be happy to advice.
www.manyagroup.com

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Vanessa Clemens » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:46 am
Well, considering if you are mentally ready to shift from consulting ie luxury marketing being your aim. Then you probably shouldn't think twice. You could evaluate your profile here to see which B-Schools you stand a chance to ! - https://www.genedmba.com/evaluate-your-c ... b-schools/