George Washington University Global MBA Admit

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by flamencoboy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:49 am
My R2 interview was 10 days ago with the interim dean of admission, Shelly.
It lasted less than 28 minutes and it was fairly smooth with the exception of one curvy question.
The interviewer was all business from the get go.
She asked me to check my account on March 17th because decision-emails might take a week to arrive.

Any one matriculating?

Good luck!
-F

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by minhdngo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:42 am
ambrishk wrote:Hey all, accepted to the GWU mba, actually quiet some time back!...so any one paid up the confirmation amount as yet??..
I did lol I'm pretty certain that Im not getting into a better school. So I'm matriculating, I think

Followed by:1 members

by mariemm » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:24 am
Hey guys,

As you know, I interviewed awhile back, just a few weeks after the R2 deadline (when I submitted my application). I was excited to get the interview invite so soon after applying, but I'm in the same boat as the other R2 folks here it seems -- no word since then. Shelly told me all decisions were going to be sent out around the 16th of March, which sounds consistent with what she told another person here... I thought that was just a generalization since it sounded like a bunch of R1 people got admitted just a few days after their interview, but it sounds like that is accurate! Assuming we will all hear back next week... fingers crossed for all of us! :)

I was admitted to Fordham last week, not sure which I would choose if GW comes through too.. . Hobertly, hoping GW comes through with a little funding since I know they sometimes offer 25% or 50% funding... would make that decision a LOT easier! Haha

Anyway, I will update everyone as soon as I hear back and hope you all do the same! Good luck guys!!!

by mariemm » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:27 am
Hobertly = honestly. Hahah sorry, posting from my phone!

by ambrishk » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:28 am
Hi mariemm and flamencoboy,

I am an admitted student to GWU, admitted in the 1st round. Just to reduce the tension, results will only be declared on the final decision date, so dont worry till then, check on the decision day, you decision will be available!

I hope this eases the tension!

by mariemm » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:33 am
It does!! Thank you! :)

Followed by:4 members

by minhdngo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:49 am
mariemm wrote:Hey guys,

As you know, I interviewed awhile back, just a few weeks after the R2 deadline (when I submitted my application). I was excited to get the interview invite so soon after applying, but I'm in the same boat as the other R2 folks here it seems -- no word since then. Shelly told me all decisions were going to be sent out around the 16th of March, which sounds consistent with what she told another person here... I thought that was just a generalization since it sounded like a bunch of R1 people got admitted just a few days after their interview, but it sounds like that is accurate! Assuming we will all hear back next week... fingers crossed for all of us! :)

I was admitted to Fordham last week, not sure which I would choose if GW comes through too.. . Hobertly, hoping GW comes through with a little funding since I know they sometimes offer 25% or 50% funding... would make that decision a LOT easier! Haha

Anyway, I will update everyone as soon as I hear back and hope you all do the same! Good luck guys!!!
Good luck with your application. Hope you get in. FYI, Fordham rejected me even before GWU admitted me (don't know how that happened, it does not make any sense lol). Hope you choose GW, its a way better school than Fordham. Fordham was supposed to be my safe school lol

GMAT Score:690

by moneyball29 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:28 pm
Hey guys! Retook my GMAT because I didn't think my score was representative of my ability, and managed to pull out a 690. I gotta say though, doesn't change anything about where I want to go, as far as I'm concerned. GWU is still at the top I think. I just loved absolutely everything about the school. Hoping to get in, and hope you guys do as well! Hopefully we'll all be hanging out next fall!

GMAT Score:760

by DCJen » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:49 am
Hi all,

How did all the R2 applicants do? It sounds like decision notifications were sent out recently, no?

I just submitted my R3 application last week and received an email confirming that all my materials were successfully received. Now I'm looking forward to a couple of anxious weeks!

by GWUMBA » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:53 pm
Hi DCJen. Yes, R2 applicant decisions were recently sent out, and I received my hard copy admission letter today. Was admitted with full tuition merit scholarship! I will most likely be going to GW this fall. Excited about the offer and looking forward to doing my MBA studies at GW. Good luck!
DCJen wrote:Hi all,

How did all the R2 applicants do? It sounds like decision notifications were sent out recently, no?

I just submitted my R3 application last week and received an email confirming that all my materials were successfully received. Now I'm looking forward to a couple of anxious weeks!

by moneyball29 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:08 pm
Yay, congrats!

I was also admitted, and was pleased to see they are offering me a Fellowship that covers 50% tuition, when I had not even requested financial aid. GWU is too kind :)

I also do believe that I will be attending GW, so I'll see you guys this August!

by GWUMBA » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:19 pm
Congrats Moneyball29! Good luck to everyone else who applied, and I look forward to meeting you guys at GW this upcoming fall!

By the way, has anyone looked into housing in the DC Foggy Bottom area? From what I've seen so far, rent seems to be ridiculously expensive.

moneyball29 wrote:Yay, congrats!

I was also admitted, and was pleased to see they are offering me a Fellowship that covers 50% tuition, when I had not even requested financial aid. GWU is too kind :)

I also do believe that I will be attending GW, so I'll see you guys this August!

by moneyball29 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:34 pm
I'm coming from the NYC area, so disturbingly enough, it's slightly cheaper, lol.

But yes, it is quite steep.

by moneyball29 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:35 pm
I do hear that there are good places for much less a bit further away, with an easy commute.

by ambrishk » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:25 pm
Hey moneyball, GWUMBA, DCJEN,

Good to hear all about your scholarships man!..absolutely amazing. Jen, dont worry..im sure youll get through too. I have recently paid my initial deposit and secured my seat for this fall. So where is everyone from??...