General Advice.

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

General Advice.

by lunfry » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:01 pm
Hello guys!

I am in a bit of a predicament. I am not an English native speaker. I applied to this business school for MS in Accounting. There average GMAT score is 600 and my gmat score in my mock tests is coming around 400 - 450 (which is terrible, I know!). I have my gmat test scheduled on April 9! What do you guys recommend? Shall i reschedule my GMAT and apply for next year or shall I give it a shot by appearing in GMAT?

I am done with my interview with the school (which I think went well tbh) and the admission director now asked me to submit my GMAT score in order for them to send me the decision re my admission.

What do you guys say? Is there anyone that went through the same thing as I am going through? I really have no idea what to do re this situation i.e. go through my GMAT test and score around the 400 range or just skip the GMAT this time and reschedule it in about 3 month's time and apply for 2016?

Thank you so much!!!!!!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:41 pm
Hi lunfry,

Based on the information that you've provided, and assuming that everything you have stated is accurate, then a School with an Average GMAT score of 600 would probably be unlikely to accept an applicant scoring in the 400-450 range.

There are some 'variables' in your situation though. Hopefully there's a way to define them so that we can come up with the best plan possible.

1) With a Test Date on April 9th (about 2 weeks from now), you're probably not going to score 600 (and you might not get close either). What is the LATEST that you can take your GMAT and still get your score in to the Admissions Office?

2) Has the Admissions Office given you any idea of the MINIMUM that you would need to score? This is a rather important piece of information as it would give you what could be an achievable goal in the short term. If there is any way for you to get this information, then that would be helpful.

3) What have your Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores been on your practice CATs?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:31 am
Hi There,

Have the school given you a cut off for the GMAT? If you are seriously not sure about whether you will be able to come up with the required GRE then I would suggest you to write to the school and explain first and it would be a good idea to give the application your best shot.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Rich@EconomistGMAT » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:19 am
Hi lunfry,

Just wanted to follow up here and see if you could respond to Rich and Manya. Would also love to help here, but will need more information from you.

Best,
Rich