Fuqua vs Ross vs No B School (Marketing)

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Fuqua vs Ross vs No B School (Marketing)

by cms031 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:10 pm
I'm fortunate enough to have been accepted at both Fuqua and Ross, but before I make the big decision I'm looking for some feedback.

I did extensive research on school culture and companies I wanted to work for. I learned that Kellogg, Fuqua, and Ross - Kelley to a lesser extent - are the marketing powerhouses. I did notice that Fuqua has dropped in the marketing rankings and Unilever recently dropped Fuqua from their list of core schools. Not sure if I should read much into that, but Unilever was one of my target companies. To me it sounds like the major consumer goods companies have a somewhat regional footprint when it comes to recruiting. If my goal is to end up in the mid-atlantic (PA/NJ), what do you think is my best option?

-Go to Fuqua
-Go to Ross
-Wait until next year and apply to Kellogg (or Wharton)
-Don't go to B School, ROI for Marketing/Brand Management isn't worth it

Thanks!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by InterviewBay2 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:53 pm
Congratulations on getting admits from Fuqua and Ross. Fuqua and Ross are marketing powerhouses, but Kellogg and Wharton are better schools for marketing. Fuqua still lists Unilever as a recruiter, so i have no idea if Unilever dropped Fuqua from the list of core schools. According to employment reports, higher percentage of Fuqua students get placed in Mid-Atlantic states when compared to Ross and Kellogg. I don't think waiting to apply to Kellogg next year would be the best option. In my opinion, accepting the offer from Fuqua would be the best option based on your post mba goal and priority of ending up in mid-atlantic.

Good Luck!
www.interviewbay.com