This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

First test train wreck!

by MattDC » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:10 pm
I took my first GMAT practice exam through Veritas Prep (having not studied):

Math: 22 (11% percentile).
Verbal: 43 (92% percentile).
Overall: 530 (40% percentile).

Here is my question: Is my goal is a 700 and T-25 admin realistic?
Is the Math part something I can learn and bring up to a 80%?

I found my poor grade shocking considering I had a 33 math ACT and 680 math SAT.

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:39 pm
There seems something wrong with the way you have been approaching Quant questions of GMAT

GMAT Quant questions are based on Common sense and basic understanding of using numbers by plugging them in.

You score of 22 looks quite lower in comparison to 680 SAT Maths score as the topics of SAT and GMAT are similar but the only difference is the way Quant questions are framed in GMAT

You must take some expert guidance for sure to seek the problem areas if you have not been able to identify them on your own and start working on them immediately.

In my experience, getting a score of 40+ is too easy that will take your score higher by about 80 Marks comfortably giving a great required boost.

You must set a minimum target of about 45 in Quant that will certainly be possible after a practice and preparation of about 8 weeks under the guidance of some expert.

You can seek help from any Expert you trust however I am just a mail away for providing you a free demo class. I will be happy to help you get your target score.

Have done it numerous times in past.

All the best!!!
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour