False hopes -> Panic -> Regroup -> WIN! 490-720

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by almap333 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:20 am
Hey Amanda, did the Empower GMAT course help a lot? May I too message you for some pointers?

Followed by:5 members

by MBAGRL » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:28 am
Dear Amanda,

Thank you so much for the offer. I'm messaging you right now.

F

Followed by:5 members

by AmandaAHopping » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:21 am
Hi Almap,
Here was my blunt logic...it's was obvious from everyone I talked to that you can't just stumble your way to a great GMAT score. I'm amazed how many people try to go it alone. I'm just not that type. There just aren't any short cuts, and I'm not the type to have left something as important as the GMAT and getting into the school I want to chance when its as competitive to get in as it is. For me, I felt I had to invest the time and money to do it right. That said, before I started out, my Aunt suggested I take Princeton Review, but things have changed so much. You don't have to break your wallet these days to do it right. You have to look around and see what the right fit for you is.
And sure, if you want to private message me, that's totally fine.
Amanda

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:12 am
Hi AmandaAHopping,

It was my "GMAT Experience" reading day. I came across your review and quite liked it.

Thank you for posting your experience.

All the best for your application!!!
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by sultana199 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:57 am
Great story! And it ended in an awesome score. Congrats for your amazing journey. Keep sharing your experiences so that we can take lessons from you. Best of luck.

by BLACKSTONE1 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:01 pm
Hi Amanda,

Can you or any experts offer any advice as to how to approach the test itself differently? That seems a little vague to me. Any little tips about how to be smarter with the real software, etc. I feel like I know there's more to knowing how to work the GMAT itself, I just don't know where to start?

Another question, what specific resources elightened you about how to better take the test itself?

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by bssb » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:26 am
That's amazing! Congratulations!
Your story is so inspiring :)