Experiences with on demand courses

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Experiences with on demand courses

by grafgurke » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:16 am
I would like to order a on demand course but I am not shure which one. I found the one of Optimus Prep which is not that expensive. Does anyone have experiences with it or with the others and can recommend one?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:59 pm
Hi grafgurke,

There are a variety of Self-Study Courses that you can choose from, so you should do a little research to figure out which one will be the best "fit" for your situation. Most GMAT companies offer some type of free resources (practice problems, Trial accounts, etc.) so that you can test out a product before you buy it. I highly recommend that you take advantage of all of them - then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

When are you planning to take the GMAT?
What is your goal score?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:17 pm
You might consider signing up for Beat The GMAT's free 60-Day Study Guide (https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/gmat-guide). Over 40,000 Beat The GMAT students have already done so.
Each day, you'll receive an email with a series of learning activities that guide you, step-by-step, from Day 1 to test day. This will ensure that you will cover everything that the GMAT tests.

Here's an outline of all 60 emails: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/gmat-guide-outline

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

by grafgurke » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:03 am
My aim is a 620+ score. I tried already to learn with books (Kaplan and Official) but I was not very structured with my learning so i only scored a 550. Thats why I am looking for something more structured and adaptive. I tried now the optimus Prep 7 days free trial and i think it is quite good but i will test other trials and than make my decision. I dont want to spend more than 700$ for my learning so private lessons dont seem to be a option.
I want to take the test at end of January.

Thanks a lot for your replies!

If someone has made good experiences with online on demand courses pls tell me!

PS: https://gmatclub.com/reviews/optimus-pre ... 692?page=2

here are a lot of good reviews of the Optimus Prep On Demand Course, but i wonder if they are fake because every Rate is 5 Stars? seems for me too good to be true?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:58 pm
grafgurke wrote:I would like to order a on demand course but I am not shure which one. I found the one of Optimus Prep which is not that expensive. Does anyone have experiences with it or with the others and can recommend one?
Hi grafgurke,

If you're aiming at high scores like 700+ in GMAT, then you must practice for at-least 2 to 3 months. Therefore you need to look out for a course that offers a variety of study materials such as basic review books for Quants and Verbal, strategy guides to help crack GMAT questions, topic-wise timed online drills, Online tests to practice and gauge your performance and valuable feedback on your tests and guidance on how to achieve your target score.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you would have any other specific question and we would be happy to guide.

www.manyagroup.com

by Alisaa » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:58 am
grafgurke wrote:My aim is a 620+ score. I tried already to learn with books (Kaplan and Official) but I was not very structured with my learning so i only scored a 550. Thats why I am looking for something more structured and adaptive. I tried now the optimus Prep 7 days free trial and i think it is quite good but i will test other trials and than make my decision. I dont want to spend more than 700$ for my learning so private lessons dont seem to be a option.
I want to take the test at end of January.

Thanks a lot for your replies!

If someone has made good experiences with online on demand courses pls tell me!

PS: https://gmatclub.com/reviews/optimus-pre ... 692?page=2

here are a lot of good reviews of the Optimus Prep On Demand Course, but i wonder if they are fake because every Rate is 5 Stars? seems for me too good to be true?

I like Optimus Prep's GMAT On Demand Course a lot.

Clear structure and a lot of content. Videos, practice tests, quizzes, concept libraries, thousands of questions with explanations and optionally online tutoring all from 300 bucks sounds fair to me.