Evaluation of career goals

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Evaluation of career goals

by vincenm » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:15 pm
A brief of my work experience:
Within three months of joining the company, I started working at a position that was a level higher than my contemporaries. I personally maintained a minimum of 95% fulfillment of key performance indicators and proactively advised the team to make sure that 90% fulfillment of such indicators was met. I analyzed the major cause of the contract violations made by my team and advised changes in business process to higher-ups, reducing no. of violations by 40%. I was involved in creating a procedure that brought down the lead time in the supply chain by 1.5 days; received commendation from client CIO after presenting the innovation. I had compiled technical details of various HP and client teams and trained my team in using those to streamline communications, thereby reducing interactions by 30% that allowed for quicker implementation of solutions. Thus my career till now solving issues in the IT operations network of my client and advising changes to business process have given me the right foundation needed for me to make my career jump.

ST goal:
I aspire to work as a consultant for a top firm such as Accenture. I hope to leverage the professional experience I have with the knowledge gained through MoM to work with hi-tech and IT industry clients, providing solutions in operations such as making cost reduction program by offshoring, boosting the 'Customer Experience' in sales, and redesigning the procurement of raw materials. I would operate as part of delivery teams responsible for projects, supporting business development opportunities through the development of proposals, and acting as a subject matter expert in operational activities. My career as a consultant, solving operational issues faced in the industry, will help me understand the various nuances of managing operations of a product or project, thus helping me transition into the role of SVP smoothly.

LT goal:
The movement towards a connected global economy and unprecedented explosion of technology has brought about immense opportunities to develop newer processes, tools and methodologies. I believe I am made for the role of SVP of Operations in a major hi-tech company, where I can establish the company's strategy and goals in the day to day operations of a company. This will involve working with different cross-functional teams, which include finance and sales, and measuring progress and adjusting processes accordingly, thus adding to the bottom line of the organization. To do this, I require the knowledge of how business is managed across functions of a company.

Please give a critique of my goals. Does the tasks shown for both goals make sense to you? Does my work experience also provides some push to the case I make for my ST goal?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:57 am
upon quick review, it does seem you have developed a good sense of what you plan to do, based on your current experiences. Now your challenge will be to identify the MBA programs that will be serve you to transition to your goals. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/