Evaluate my profile for MBA in USA

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Evaluate my profile for MBA in USA

by Moneymunshi » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:59 pm
I am from INDIA
Got 75% in my Bachelor's of Commerce degree
Took part in various sports like football,hockey, volleyball in school and college and have represented my district and also won various honours in it (I was also the captain of my school and college team)
I worked 4 years in a mid sized CA Firm.
I own a website which i started in 2008 and is currently ranked in the top 50k websites in the world with a annual revenue of 200k$ (it is owned and managed by me)
I am planning on giving my gmat this year (how much should my target gmat score be)
Was looking to get in the top colleges in the USA

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:39 am
Hi -- quick answer here. To be competitive within your famously high-performing demographic, you'll want a GMAT of around 750. To increase your competitive profile, we'd want to see your leadership: in the workplace, in university, if you lead a team on the website you run (commerce etc), and also we'd want to see long-standing community leadership, where you "share the wealth" of your professional and academic success with those in need. The admissions process for top MBA programs is a holistic one; the schools assess everything about you. So having super numbers is a good starting point, but be sure you understand all of the components that go into a successful b-school application, and make the most of ALL of them.

Good luck!
Margaret Strother
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me