Eval

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Eval

by wwboo » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:04 pm
Thank you for taking the time to answer this. I have been confused about a few things and I'm hoping you can help me out.

Education background: B.Sc (Honors) in Biological Sciences, 3 year program from an Indian university. Percentage score was 57.5%, I'm not really sure what it would be in terms of GPA, but online resources suggest this to be in the 3-3.5 range, which I assume is very low.

Professional background: (total work experience of 7 years) I started by working in a call center for a year, moved to "The Search Engine Giant we all use" where I worked for 3 years, and then I was an entrepreneur for another 3 years. All this was in the digital marketing/social media industry.

Thanks to visa issues, I had to shut down my biz and have been unemployed since the beginning of 2013. I plan to take the GMAT in July 2014. I have been volunteering with several non-profits, providing them with marketing support.

Realistically speaking, should I even think of applying to Ivy League schools? Do I have any chance?

How will the 2 year gap in employment impact me?

Thank you so much.