Essayt #3 Ross MBA

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Essayt #3 Ross MBA

by [email protected] » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:05 pm
Essay #3 for Ross

If you were not pursuing the career goals you described in Question 1, what profession would you pursue instead? (for example, teacher, musician, athlete, architect, etc.) How will this alternate interest contribute to your effectiveness in solving multi-disciplinary problems?

My response to this i am very good at cooking and would have probably started an restaurant.

The problem i have is the underlined Bold fact sentence.

I am not sure how i can relate alternate career intereest to solving multi-dispclinary problems.

please help

Peer

Legendary Member

by Neo2000 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:16 pm
Er you just dont decide to start a restaurant and it happens overnight does it?

You have to figure out municipal laws, pricing, location, manage your suppliers, manage your waiters/restaurant host etc etc etc. There are a million things you will have to manage at the same time. Now tie all of this up :)

All the Best

Edit: I'm NOT a Veritas Prep Consultant. I just applied to Ross last year and the essays were the same :)
Last edited by Neo2000 on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:26 am
Peer,

Thanks for your post. Try to be creative with your answer (as that is what AdCom is looking for). Focus on managerial and leadership skills you will use to start and run a successful restaurant. Start with your passion and expand into a business framework.

Good luck,

NP
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep