Do I have a chance for Columbia?

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Do I have a chance for Columbia?

by petitepew » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:34 am
Hi,

I am in the middle of my application process to Columbia Full time MBA and the doubts are getting stronger than ever.

I am a French woman
29 year old
I graduated from law school with honors.
Won the award of best student in tax
I spent 7 months in Shanghai in a french law firm. I speak basic mandarin (i have private class every week two hours)

I have been a Tax lawyer in one of top three French law firm for 3 years. I am also what we call in France Secretaire de la Conference which means that I won an oratory contest held within my Bar. This tittle makes me the representant of the young lawyers of my Bar all around France.
Gmat (exact same score at my first and second attempt) : 690, Q44, V40
TOEFL : 117

Community:
Member of my University student club for 5 years (includng two years as Treasurer)
Member of various committees within my bar
In charge of my father's company "business in equity programm"

Do you think I should keep preparing my application?

Thank you!

Anne

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:48 am
Your profile is strong. However, the question is - why are you pursuing an MBA at this point in your career? You should be able to clearly articulate your career goals and the reason for choosing Columbia. You definitely stand a chance of getting in as long as you can create a strong application packet. Make sure your research of the program is thorough and that you communicate why it is a perfect fit for you.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options