Correlate to v/s Correlate with

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by [email protected] » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:43 am
Thank You very much guyzzz... for a wonderful discussion on this so called idiom.
This is really very helpful.
IT IS TIME TO BEAT THE GMAT

LEARNING, APPLICATION AND TIMING IS THE FACT OF GMAT AND LIFE AS WELL... KEEP PLAYING!!!

Whenever you feel that my post really helped you to learn something new, please press on the 'THANK' button.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Re: Correlate to v/s Correlate with

by KaylaAlaina » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:17 pm
I think both have same sounded, kind of ok to my native English ear. And that's because they are!

by luckphy » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:12 pm
When talking about the relationship between two things, the word "correlate with" should be used in most circumstances. However, they are sometimes used interchangeably. If you are talking about how related two things are, you should use "related with". The easiest way to remember to use "correlate with" correctly in a sentence is to treat it as an idiom, a group of words that are always together. If you are writing how two things compare to each other, remember that you should always use "with" instead of "to". Once, "correlate to" was the correct usage. Sometimes, you may want to write how relevant two things are. In these examples, you can see that "to" does not connect two related things like the "with" in the example above. On the contrary, it associates "relevance" with the weak or strong relationship. Although "correlated to" is still used much more frequently than "correlated to", sometimes you may still see "correlated to", even in scientific articles.

by lynnprice » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:25 am
I now agree. Google can tell you that people use both.

by Settra » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:01 am
Thanks for this interesting solution!