Codex Berinensis: OG CR question: Assumptions to make?

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hello,

I do not know whether its ok to post the text of an OG question here, but would just like to discuss one of them.

This is question 123 from the OG11 book - CR section (Codex Berinensis.. a Florentine copy...)

My question is: Is it to be assumed that a "copy" of a treatise can be made within a single year ? The paragraph does not mention anything
about that. What if the 1st copyist took more than 3 years to copy the first 80 pages ? - Although unlikely, how do we make such an assumption? Maybe he was really slow :). Given this, I couldn't answer with confidence that the "copy" was made in 1148. Or did I overthink this one?

Can someone help?

thanks,
tarak

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:760

by rogue_rohit » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:56 am
That is a good question!

My Explanation:

The question asks you to identify the statement which, if true, most strongly supports the hypothesis that Codex Berinensis (CB) was produced in 1148.

Read the question carefully again - It does NOT ask you for the evidence to prove that CB was produced in 1148, it only asks you to identify one statement amongst the 5 statement which support the hypothesis already given by the Author. And if you look at the choices then you will see that none of them supports the hypothesis except the correct one

Do let me know if this was helpful or if you have any counter arguments