Classroom or Online course

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Classroom or Online course

by Azizakaria » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:11 am
Hello,
I've been preparing for GMAT for more than a month now and i feel like i don't get much from my self study method, so I'm considering a course, but I'm confused should i talk a class based course and it will last for 5 weeks or online course, i do have the money and the time for both and my test is in next March, i just can't decided the pros and cons of each one.

Thanks.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:38 am
Hi Azizakaria,

Since your Test isn't until March, you have plenty of time to study (and you can put in the proper research now to select the resources that you like best).

When it comes to studying for the GMAT, there are a variety of different options. Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, sample classes, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at out site (www.empowergmat.com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Followed by:1 members

by Jennifer@Kaplan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:12 pm
Hi Azizakaria,

I agree with Rich that you should consider which type of course would work best for you. I have had students who loved the interaction with chats and polls in our online classes, and I have had students who preferred the face-to-face interaction of a physical classroom. Consider your personal learning style in deciding which might work better for you. For example, would one environment be more distracting for you? How would you prefer to ask questions, by raising your hand and speaking or by typing them out privately? If you would like a look at what an online Kaplan course is like, we have some free preview classes next week that you can find listed at this link: https://www.kaptest.com/gmat/enroll?tab=events . Regardless, I hope these questions help you start thinking about how to plan your GMAT studies.

Best,
Jennifer

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:01 am
You might also try our free video course - https://www.gmatprepnow.com/ to see if it suits your learning style.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

by Azizakaria » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:05 am
Thanks you all for your answers it gave me a lot to think about and consider.

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:49 am
Azizakaria wrote:Hello,
I've been preparing for GMAT for more than a month now and i feel like i don't get much from my self study method, so I'm considering a course, but I'm confused should i talk a class based course and it will last for 5 weeks or online course, i do have the money and the time for both and my test is in next March, i just can't decided the pros and cons of each one.

Thanks.
Several things that I would like to point out that give me a positive sign of your direction chosen for preparation and I would like to appreciate them

1) You have understood that where self study work for SOME test takers, It is not the best method to prepare for majority of students as majority of students lack direction of preparation and motivation to stick to the chosen way of preparation.

2) You have cared to do the analysis of which is the best way for you to prepare whether Group study, One-on-One classes, Online classes of classroom sessions.

There are several inputs that I would like to share with you.

1) Use the time in appropriate way because 3 months is the sufficient amount of time needed to prepare best for GMAT. Spending more or less than required time to prepare usually works against students so just prepare in focussed manner

2) Take the demo classes at both places (classroom program and online program both) and then decide based on where you find better faculty and personalized support because practice material is available online in great variety.

3) Comparative Benefits of Classroom over Online Classes:
- You find a peer group

Comparative Benefits of Online Classes (One-on-One Classes) over Classroom Program:

- You get entire attention of faculty for entire duration of class unlike in Classroom Program

- You save your time in commuting and use it more for practising more stuff

- You sit online while taking class and practising which in-turn trains you for Actual GMAT as in actual GMAT you are supposed to sit for 4 long hours (with minor breaks) with concentration on computer screen which is not an easy task for many.

- You have a peer this time as well but the peer now is an EXPERT in the respective section that you are preparing for

I (being a 99 percentiler Tutor) offer you to take a FREE ONLINE ONE-ON-ONE SKYPE BASED DEMO CLASS with us and decide the quality of class on your own. You can reach me on [email protected]
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour