Chicago Booth Emba

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Chicago Booth Emba

by Venseldo » Tue May 22, 2012 9:12 am
Hello,

I have got accepted in Chicago Booth Emba program in Asia campus. My main intentions of doing MBA are
1. To expand my existing financial knowledge (I have been in financial industry from last 7 years and have total experience of 12 years)
2. To increase my n/w quality professionals and decision makers.
3. To improve my communication skills.

I have been always thinking of doing MBA from elite business schools. So looking at the above criteria I would like to hear from you your opinion about Chicago Booth business school? How is the reputation of this school globally? What is your impression about this school. Your feedback is sincerely appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by goldenegg » Thu May 31, 2012 10:25 pm
Hi Venseldo, Congrats on the acceptance! I'm sure you'll do great there and will love it. I just want to direct you to a resource that you might find helpful. Chicago Booth has a school page on news and networking site BusinessBecause. Over there, I recently read an article that profiled on of their graduates. Her aim was to get into finance(corp finance). She landed a job immediately after graduating even though she'd never had any interviews prior to the MBA. Since you have experience in finance, that may not be an issue for you but you might be interested in Tanya's impression of the school, its reputation and their teaching.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by OnlineStudent » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:07 am
Hi Venseldo,

Congrats on being accepted into the program, I gather that you'll be doing your studies in Singapore - a Chicago Booth MBA would definitely open up many career opportunities for you here.

Chicago Booth is one of the most prestigious international business school, I'm sure you've done your homework to see how the institute and its program rank amongst the other schools (Business Week EMBA Ranking 2011 the University of Chicago Booth School of Business ranked 1st) worldwide, but here are some fun facts about your institution (which you can share with other people who ask about your school) -

1) Chicago Booth is over 100 years old (114 years as of year 2012) and it is the second oldest business school in the U.S.

2) Chicago Booth is the first school to offer an Executive MBA program

3) A number of Chicago Booth's professors are Nobel laureates and presidential appointees. There is also a MacArthur fellow amongst their rank.

4) Notable economists who teach at Chicago Booth - Eugene Fama (portfolio theory and asset pricing), Luigi Zingales, Raghuram Rajan, Richard Thaler, Austan Goolsbee - Chairperson of the Council of Economic Advisers

Having a Chicago Booth EMBA education under your belt will be a really big advantage for your career in the finance industry.

Hope that helps you :) Btw, here are some articles that you might find relevant -
Top MBAs in Singapore
Reasons to Study Your MBA in Singapore

Venseldo wrote:Hello,

I have got accepted in Chicago Booth Emba program in Asia campus. My main intentions of doing MBA are
1. To expand my existing financial knowledge (I have been in financial industry from last 7 years and have total experience of 12 years)

I have been always thinking of doing MBA from elite business schools. So looking at the above criteria I would like to hear from you your opinion about Chicago Booth business school? How is the reputation of this school globally? What is your impression about this school. Your feedback is sincerely appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by saleem.kh » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:49 am
Very good reply. I liked your feedback.
OnlineStudent wrote:Hi Venseldo,

Congrats on being accepted into the program, I gather that you'll be doing your studies in Singapore - a Chicago Booth MBA would definitely open up many career opportunities for you here.

Chicago Booth is one of the most prestigious international business school, I'm sure you've done your homework to see how the institute and its program rank amongst the other schools (Business Week EMBA Ranking 2011 the University of Chicago Booth School of Business ranked 1st) worldwide, but here are some fun facts about your institution (which you can share with other people who ask about your school) -

1) Chicago Booth is over 100 years old (114 years as of year 2012) and it is the second oldest business school in the U.S.

2) Chicago Booth is the first school to offer an Executive MBA program

3) A number of Chicago Booth's professors are Nobel laureates and presidential appointees. There is also a MacArthur fellow amongst their rank.

4) Notable economists who teach at Chicago Booth - Eugene Fama (portfolio theory and asset pricing), Luigi Zingales, Raghuram Rajan, Richard Thaler, Austan Goolsbee - Chairperson of the Council of Economic Advisers

Having a Chicago Booth EMBA education under your belt will be a really big advantage for your career in the finance industry.

Hope that helps you :) Btw, here are some articles that you might find relevant -
Top MBAs in Singapore
Reasons to Study Your MBA in Singapore

Venseldo wrote:Hello,

Thank you in advance.
Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds.