CBS

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:3 members

CBS

by thor5517 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:36 pm
Hello,

I had a question about CBS. If your applying Regular Decision to CBS is there any benefit to applying early (say before the HBS deadline)? I know they review ED apps first so the RD apps wont get looked at until late ~November I assume.

If you do submit early to RD can you still expect to get a decision by Mid december or are you most likely going to get a decision in mid January- cause that decision can change if you should apply R2 or not. Do you have any thoughts or past examples of this?

Also are RD applicants at a distinct disadvantage when compared to ED applicants?

Thanks! Any advice you have is greatly appreciated.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by Dozie@VeritasPrep » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:29 am
Thanks for your question. I'm not sure a significant disadvantage is the phrasing I would use. ED gives an applicant an pretty advantage for admissions because you are telling the school you WILL attend which is great for overall yield and is as strong a sign of interest in the program as you can show. However, most applicants will apply RD so it can't be that big of a disadvantage.

Now on the RD timing side even if you submit early your application most likely will not be read until after ED since the AdComm will most likely be still reading ED applications. It is of course still better to get your RD application as early as it is ready given the rolling nature of the CBS application process. But ED is early decision for a reason so those apps are reviewed first.

Hope this helps!
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!