CATs in the CD with Kaplan GMAT premier program 2008

Ask your questions about Kaplan products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I have got the CD having 4 CATs along with Kaplan GMAT premier program 2008 book. If i plan to achieve 720-740 on the actual GMAT, what should be my approximate target for the CATs on this CD?
Also please let me know if there are other such CDs with more CATs available from Kaplan in the market?
I am done with my prepartion stuff. And i need a lot of CATs before the D-day (which is on the 24th of nov)!!
Thanx in advance
vinamra

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:3 members

by vidabella417 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:46 am
Dear Vinamra,

The scoring algorithm on the CD CATs tends to skew lower than actual GMAT scores (around 70 - 100 points), so if your target score is around 720-740 on the actual GMAT, aim for around 640 - 670 on the CATs on the CD.

As for additional practice, we don't offer any stand-alone products that just contain GMAT CATs. However, you do have a couple of options for additional practice:

-- Kaplan's GMAT Quiz Bank: It consists of a bank of 1000+ questions, and you effectively build your own quizzes by entering what types of parameters you'd like to practice with. Detailed answer explanations are provided. Questions are designed to mimic actual GMAT questions and to be as realistic as possible. The Quiz Bank does not include full CATs, though, as it is more designed to drill your specific strengths and weaknesses in between practicing with CATs. The enrollment lasts for 3 months, and costs $199.
-- Kaplan's basic GMAT Online course: At $599, it includes 3 months of online resources and 5 full-length CATs.

I hope this has been helpful, and I wish you the best of luck on your exam!

Sincerely,

Monica P. Lugo
Editor - Kaplan Publishing

--

We build futures one success story at a time. Visit us at www.kaplanpublishing.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by vinamram » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:32 am
Thank you so much