by iamcste » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:07 am
Hi Graham,

Stuck badly in career goal essay.

My plan is to

1. Introdn

2. What next?

3. Skills reqd for next

4. how school would prepare you

I am confused as to what should I mention in the intro-I already spoke about my career in other essays, so should I put here a short summary or something different would help me.

Basically I want to know how one can start and take the story to the take off point such as "Okie..I did XYZ but now I want to do..."

specifically in my case, being IT technical..there is no corelation between existing and planned field..so writing the Intro becomes all the more difficult. I can neither say previous career helped me nor can I say it didnt.

I hope I expressed the qtn correctly.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:17 members
GMAT Score:750

by Graham » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:28 am
Dear Iamcste,

Thanks for your post!

Your question about the goals essay is very difficult to answer without having a few more pieces of information:

-What school is this for?
-What have you written in the other essays?
-What is your overall profile and admissions strategy?

In addition, the advice you are asking for leans more towards the work that we do with clients, so feel free to contact us directly if you would like one of our admissions counselors to review your essays and offer specific feedback.

You can also read the Clear Admit general analysis of approaching a goals essay (perhaps you already have) here:
https://blog.clearadmit.com/2008/05/admi ... s-essay-2/

My general thought is that you really need to provide a summary of your career to date - even if you've commented on specific milestones/accomplishments in the other essays - but this all depends on what school we're talking about.

Best of luck,

Graham
Graham Richmond
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

by iamcste » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:51 am
Dear Graham, I sent out a mail on [email protected] from my personal ID. I hope someone can specifically help me.Great if you can look since my next application would target the school you worked with and I enjoy the depth of your reviews