Boston College Vs William and Mary

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:640

Boston College Vs William and Mary

by ashookk » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:53 pm
Hello, I got admitted into both Boston and W&M with decent amount of scholarship. I am seriously not able to decide between W&M and Boston. Since I am an International Student, things are even worse. I have been admitted at Boston for the june program with some scholarship. By taking the summer program, will it help me to get placed during the fall? Since I will be doing some kind of course work, will the recruiters look at my performance? and also boston is a bigger market than Virginia. In W&M, I will be directly entering the fall term and I think my chances of getting a job would be less. On top of this, the cost difference is around 15 to 20k. Is Boston worth the extra 15k? Please do help out to make a decision.

Thanks

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:6 members

by MiroKaz » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:33 am
Ashookk-

Congrats on the curse of having options.

At The MBA Show we see 6 reasons to go to B-school: Education, Pedigree, Self-Gratification, Fun, Networking, Escape from a prior path, and Finding a Mate.

Depending on what your priorities are, I think W&M and BC are pretty equivalent. The only one that I can't speak to is how well the network and pedigree of those schools will reach back to your home country (if you plan to return). I would weigh that very heavily, and then use your instincts on Fun and Self-gratification (which will make you feel better about yourself) to make the decision.

Best,
Miro K.
@MiroKaz

Check out the highlights of MBA life every week at
https://www.TheMBAShow.com

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by phamtrisi » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:41 pm
You know what they say?

If you have 2 options, toss a coin. Not that it will help you decide, but in that split second, you suddenly realize what you want most.

I'm jealous of you for having the power of making choices.

Best wishes.

Si Pham
CMU MISM Fall 2011
Please help my CMU dream: https://www.MyCMUDream.com