5-Day Free Trial
    5-day free, full-access trial TTP Quant

Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

MORE DETAILS
    Target Test Prep

Best Practice Tests?

This topic has 64 expert replies and 222 member replies
Goto page Previous Next

Which company makes the best GMAT practice tests (excluding GMATPrep)?

Princeton Review

11% (227 votes)
Kaplan

23% (475 votes)
Manhattan GMAT

60% (1202 votes)
Veritas Prep

2% (40 votes)
Other? (Please let us know)

1% (37 votes)
deepsaklani Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
6 messages
Post Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:44 pm
Manhattan prep is good. However for the people who find it difficult to prepare for GMAT exam due to schedule issue can try studying GMAT through Mobile App. There are several provider which offer such app like Magoosh, gradestack . The best part is you can prepare for GMAT by studying on the go.

Need free GMAT or MBA advice from an expert? Register for Beat The GMAT now and post your question in these forums!
timjackson86 Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
3 messages
Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:58 pm
I think Manhattan GMAT and Kaplan provide the best GMAT practice test.

-Tim
http://www.acadsoc.om

Nathan2508 Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
5 messages
Test Date:
August 2015
Target GMAT Score:
Post Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:15 pm
My first practice test with minimal study was with GMATPrep and I scored a 690. My next two tests after 3 weeks of intensive study were with Veritas and I scored 560 and 570. Can anybody explain the reason behind these differences? Is there one test that is considered more accurate than another?

Practice Tests:
GMATPrep-(5/17/15) Quant-45 Verb-40 Total-690
Veritas-(6/6/15) Quant-32 Verb-35 Total-560
Veritas-(6/7/15) Quant-38 Verb-31 Total-570

Post Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:30 pm
Quote:
My first practice test with minimal study was with GMATPrep and I scored a 690. My next two tests after 3 weeks of intensive study were with Veritas and I scored 560 and 570. Can anybody explain the reason behind these differences? Is there one test that is considered more accurate than another?
It's hard to say what accounts for the discrepancy between your performance on the Veritas tests and your performance on the GMATPrep test. One possibility is that sometimes when we learn new concepts, our scores dip because we end up attempting questions that we would previously have guessed on, and this throws a wrench into the rhythm of our timing. For this reason, a score decrease on early tests is quite common, irrespective of the source of these tests. Of course, there could easily be other variables at work here.

My advice: focus less on the scores and more on the process. Review every practice test thoroughly. Make notes on anything you can improve. If there were times when you could have used a strategy, such as picking numbers or back-solving, note that. If there were questions you should have guessed on, note that. If there are concepts that are a little fuzzy, do some drilling in those categories until you're feeling more confident in whatever areas might be lagging. Then take another test. The hope is that the Veritas tests are, for whatever reason, underestimating your ability. If, in time, you can pull those scores up to 700, your GMATPrep scores will be even higher.

Either way, keep us posted on your progress.

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

Thanked by: Nathan2508
Enroll in a Veritas Prep GMAT class completely for FREE. Wondering if a GMAT course is right for you? Attend the first class session of an actual GMAT course, either in-person or live online, and see for yourself why so many students choose to work with Veritas Prep. Find a class now!
HBSAlumPE Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
17 messages
Post Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:11 pm
The best tests are the official ones from GMAC. The other ones have a lot of flaws

bbender716 Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
1 messages
Test Date:
12/05/2015
Target GMAT Score:
+700
Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:09 am
I'm roughly following the Magoosh "advanced 3-month" track but want to take a practice test apart form the diagnostic to really gauge how much prep I need to do. I've got the Manhattan Prep exams, Magoosh Practice exams, and Nova practice exams at my disposal. Which brand plus # practice test would be in the top 2-3 most accurate so I can get a feel for my baseline?

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:45 am
bbender716 wrote:
Which brand plus # practice test would be in the top 2-3 most accurate so I can get a feel for my baseline?
Here are my recommendations: http://www.gmatprepnow.com/resources/practice-tests

Cheers,
Brent

Check out the online reviews of our course
Come see all of our free resources

GMAT Prep Now's comprehensive video course can be used in conjunction with Beat The GMAT’s FREE 60-Day Study Guide and reach your target score in 2 months!
Takrim Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Posted:
1 messages
Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:45 am
I have recently sat for my first practice test on Veritas Prep. I am little confused regarding the score I got and how the scoring was done. I have attached a snapshot showing the result and marked the part in red circle where my confusion is in. Shouldn't I get a higher percentile on verbal part based on the number of questions I got right?
Please share your view.

ttp://postimg.org/image/df2ig2eht/" target="_blank">

jenny45 Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
1 messages
Post Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:29 am
ttp://www.nationalfitnesspoint.com/phen375">Phen375

Phen375 works to stop the body's ability to convert carbohydrates into fat and speed up metabolism. This means that Phen375 and make you feel beautiful, new energy and find a new life. Once the weight starts to fall, really see the benefits of Phen375 and will be set aside all doubts. Phen375 suppresses appetite and prevent hunger, so you do not just burn fat 24 hours a day, so you do not feel hungry and want to refuel - the body of excess calories. In fact, the modern age is a solution for weight loss Phen375

Post Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:21 am
Quote:
I have recently sat for my first practice test on Veritas Prep. I am little confused regarding the score I got and how the scoring was done. I have attached a snapshot showing the result and marked the part in red circle where my confusion is in. Shouldn't I get a higher percentile on verbal part based on the number of questions I got right?
Please share your view.
The scoring algorithm isn't predicated solely on the number of incorrect vs number of corrects answers. The difficulty level of the questions you answer correctly or incorrectly is also taken into account, so it's possible to answer the same number of questions correctly on two different tests, but end up with significantly different scores. For more details on how the algorithm works, see here: http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2013/07/gmat-tip-of-the-week-stop-counting-rights-and-wrongs-in-your-gmat-practice-tests/

Veritas Prep Reviews

Enroll in a Veritas Prep GMAT class completely for FREE. Wondering if a GMAT course is right for you? Attend the first class session of an actual GMAT course, either in-person or live online, and see for yourself why so many students choose to work with Veritas Prep. Find a class now!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Bara GMAT Instructor
Posted:
354 messages
Followed by:
21 members
Post Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:16 pm
The best practice, IMHO, is using real test questions written by the real test authors: GMAC. Even if the tests are outdated and on paper...they're still the best. Third party material is a dilution (of quality) that occurs by attempted mimicry of source material and real algorhythm. Third party material may be great for practice, but NO substitute for using the real stuff.

BellCurves has awesome Math Material (not so keen on their verbal) and their tests are quite good as well.

WORKSHOP:mindflowclass.com
BOOK: http://tinyurl.com/TPNYSC
TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McA4aqCNS-c

cadiguzel Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Posted:
3 messages
Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:54 pm
Hi all, maybe this question was asked too many times but I feel confused.

I got scores from prep tests as below;

GMAT Prep1: 570
GMAT Prep1 Again: 610
Princeton: 570
Gmat Prep2: 580
Kaplan: 640
Veritas: 590

My exam is soon, very soon, which score band I should expect?

Post Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:34 am
cadiguzel wrote:

The GMAT Prep tests are, historically, the most accurate predictors of how you'll perform on test day. (And note that resetting the tests and taking them again, will often lead to inflated scores as you're likely to see repeat questions. ) Of course, some test-takers benefit from the additional adrenaline/focus of the real thing and perform better, while others struggle with anxiety and see their scores drop. Because you can cancel your score, the only harm in taking the test before you're ready is incurring the cost of the exam and sacrificing a few hours. So, unless you're trying to decide whether to take the test, worry less about predicting the score, and more about how you can use your old exams to cultivate some strategic adjustments that might improve your performance on test day.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Thanked by: cadiguzel
cadiguzel Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Posted:
3 messages
Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:49 am
Thanks for encouraging answer.

DavidG@VeritasPrep wrote:
cadiguzel wrote:

The GMAT Prep tests are, historically, the most accurate predictors of how you'll perform on test day. (And note that resetting the tests and taking them again, will often lead to inflated scores as you're likely to see repeat questions. ) Of course, some test-takers benefit from the additional adrenaline/focus of the real thing and perform better, while others struggle with anxiety and see their scores drop. Because you can cancel your score, the only harm in taking the test before you're ready is incurring the cost of the exam and sacrificing a few hours. So, unless you're trying to decide whether to take the test, worry less about predicting the score, and more about how you can use your old exams to cultivate some strategic adjustments that might improve your performance on test day.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Bara GMAT Instructor
Posted:
354 messages
Followed by:
21 members
Post Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:47 pm
I agree with David: Your score, if you took it after that GMAT 2, will likely fall between 570-610...If you want it higher, look and see what your'e not getting right, identify patterns in how you answer, and then do your best to eliminate those go-to answers that simply aren't correct.

WORKSHOP:mindflowclass.com
BOOK: http://tinyurl.com/TPNYSC
TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McA4aqCNS-c

Best Conversation Starters

1 LUANDATO 127 topics
2 lheiannie07 87 topics
3 Roland2rule 79 topics
4 AAPL 78 topics
5 swerve 70 topics
See More Top Beat The GMAT Members...

Most Active Experts

1 image description EconomistGMATTutor

The Economist GMAT Tutor

162 posts
2 image description Brent@GMATPrepNow

GMAT Prep Now Teacher

121 posts
3 image description Jay@ManhattanReview

Manhattan Review

121 posts
4 image description Rich.C@EMPOWERgma...

EMPOWERgmat

120 posts
5 image description GMATGuruNY

The Princeton Review Teacher

116 posts
See More Top Beat The GMAT Experts