Best on-demand course? kaplan Vs Manhattan Vs Veritas

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
hihi,

I was wondering what's the best on demand online course out there? Would that be kaplan, manhattan gmat or veritas?

I mean which course be appropriate for a total beginner? I've been out of touch since I left college in 2004... and wondering if this on demand course will help me prepare well?

I've got about a month off now while i switch jobs and would like to finish the course asap. The other option is do an intensive classroom?

im looking to do an emba / parttime .. and have abt 12 years work experience.

cheers,
J

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Tue May 06, 2014 10:38 am
Hi jorhul,

There are plenty of options when it comes to GMAT study. You should take advantage of all of the free material that the various GMAT companies offer; most providers have some sort of free classes, trial accounts, practice sets, etc. After experimenting a little, you can choose the option that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

What is your score goal? Most Test Takers need the better part of 3 months (or more) of study to hit their respective peak scores. If your goal is to score in a high range, then you'll probably need more than a month of study to do so.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Tue May 06, 2014 10:45 am
I'll echo Rich and point out that there are many on-demand GMAT prep courses out there :-)

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Tue May 06, 2014 1:36 pm
Those guys are right.

You should see what is right for you.

Why not do a free trial of the Veritas on Demand? There is, literally, nothing to lose.

https://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/gmat-on ... ree-trial/

You will find the HD quality videos are actually very enjoyable to watch.

Good luck!
Last edited by David@VeritasPrep on Wed May 07, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by jorhul » Tue May 06, 2014 3:43 pm
thx all..

@ Rich, i'm hoping to hit 650-700 range if I can..

Thought probably better to follow a structured course so i can conquer some ground and watch my progress.... i'm yet to do the free test to check my current score.. i've been delaying it like a hospital injection.. coz i'm scared i'll be horrified at my results.. but i guess i need to so i know where i am at .. so i can work from there...

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Tue May 06, 2014 4:41 pm
Hi jorhul,

Until you take that initial full-length practice CAT, we have no way of knowing how much work you'll have to put in. You should plan to take one sometime this week (although the weekend would probably provide a better opportunity - it takes about 4 hours to complete a full CAT).

Fear and self-imposed delays CANNOT be a part of the process. You want to score at a high level and you want to get everything done quickly? Then it's time to get to work.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by varung79 » Fri May 23, 2014 6:05 am
Focus on the content. Purchase GMAT books that are content rich - you can search few names based on success stories. Attempt your first CAT from GMATPrep and decide if you really need others help!

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:51 am
In today's world which has gained much advancement in terms of technology I believe that online preparation offers a lot of advantage on the following part

1) You save time in commuting if you join Online classes over Offline
2) Some institutions (like www.GMATinsight.com) offers classes round the clock so you can attend the classes even if your work timings are wierd.
3) You don't have to master technology as Online classes use very basic technology like SKYPE.
4) Since you have to take Online test therefore Offline preparation seems a bit odd
5) Online Classes are financially beneficial over Offline classes
6) You get entire study material in your inbox or over internet that you can access from anywhere whereas you can not bring all books everywhere without compromising convenience.

There are many other benefits but to change a platform of comparison above mentioned are convincing and sufficient.

Any query in this context is most welcome...

:) :) :)
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour